spyware blaster vs discovercard deskshop

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by imnonarc, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imnonarc

imnonarc Registered Member

Does anyone know if any of the items blaster blocks interferes with deskshop's accessing its server? Discovercard has not been of any help, and I would really like to use the single-use feature. Thanks.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would suggest disabling All protection in Spywareblaster and then attempt to connect to this server\website that's giving you problems just to make sure it is indeed Spywarblaster causing the problem. If you have tried that....would you mind supplying the address tho this site and we'll attempt that way to figure out the hold up.

3. redsolar

redsolar Registered Member

I use both Discover DeskShop and SpywareBlaster. No problems whatsoever, regardless of which browser I use. Your problem likely has nothing to do with spyware blaster. What exact problem are you experiencing?

4. imnonarc

imnonarc Registered Member

Thanks to both commenters for the help--I unloaded all protection, but deskshop did not work. At least I know it's not spyware blaster. I keep doing what Discover tells me, but still get message "error connecting with server" after entering ID and password. MBNA has a similar program, I discovered (shop safe), so I guess I will use that. I will miss cash back, though. Again, thank for your suggestions.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Glad to hear that and if you'd like we can move this to a more appropriate Forum since it's not a Spywareblaster issue ?

If possible can you share the link of where you are experiencing this and as redsolar asked...."What exact problem are you experiencing" ? Any and all info you can share will be helpful.

Also....since Discover DeskShop requires a BHO(Browser Helper Object)....what other programs are you using that might play a part in disabling this action ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.