Spyware Blaster version 3.5.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dkf41, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkf41

dkf41 Registered Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Hi I'm not sure If I'm posting in the correct place and I'll repost this if needed. I have 2 problems with Spyware blaster: 1. The tutorial page always comes up and I have no way to disable it. 2. Once I close the program and return, all protection is disabled. I always used to be able to close and go back to update and everything would still be enabled. I would appreciate any help with these 2 problems. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it doesn't help.

Thanks, dkf41
  2. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Boston area
    About your second question, I don't know that much about it, but are you running any other software that might be blocking SB's actions? When strange things like this happen, it's worth a try at disabling other antimalware applications one at a time to pinpoint if one of them is the culprit. Program changes such as updates or new versions can cause problems.

I had a generally similar type of problem that was caused by Spyware Doctor - see the thread here "I can't enable protection...".

As another example, Spyware Doctor would report as a false positive one of Spybot's IE tweaks settings.

These sorts of interactions are not all that common, I suspect, but when they do happen they are a hassle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.