Spyware Blaster v1.1 released

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Paul Wilders, Nov 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljc1174

ljc1174 Registered Member

Hi all!!!

First I must say that I really love this program, I've been using it and Browser Hyjack Blaster and I greatly appreciate these two programs... (I was the one who had all the issues with IE loading as download or searchalot).

I just started using this... forgive me for being slow... after reading through the threads I'm still not sure if this link or the other links provided will fix my problem. Yesterday Windows was updated, so I don't think I'm in need of updating Visual Basic
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290887,
    and I've been using the program with the newer version that has the "check for updates". But... anyway... I did the check for updates, it updated, then closed. It has never done that before after updating, so I opened the program again and recieved this error...
    C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster\spywareblaster.exe is not a valid application.

Thanx in advance!!!
    ~Lori

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

The update file on the server points to a non-existent file (thus the 1 kb not-valid application it downloaded). Until the update information file on the server is fixed, download version 2.0 (full install) from http://www.wilderssecurity.com/spywareblaster.html

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. ljc1174

Should I uninstall the current application first?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Technically, you shouldn't have to - but given the problem, you should probably uninstall first. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. ljc1174

:D

Thank you much!!!

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

This should be fixed by now ;).

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.