SpyWare Blaster Update Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by biker25159, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biker25159

biker25159 Registered Member

When I try to update SpyWare Blaster, I now get a pop up window telling me
    "There was an Error getting the update information file from the server. The server may be temporarily unavailable, or there may be a conflict with firewall software installed on your pc. The update information file may have also gotten corrupted during download." I have had my firewall running before and never had a problem, but I disabled it, and got the same results.
    Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this problem? o_O

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi, and welcome to Wilders!

Has the program updated successfully before or have you just installed it?

Try hitting "updates" n the left bottom corner and them "options" up top. Be sure either "direct connection" or "proxy" is selected depending on your system setup. You could also try the alternative download method. If these don't work for you, you may have to manually update.

3. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

detox is right. i have to have mine set on proxy along with alternate to manually check for updates.

4. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I have just tried to update the program as I see that are now 3,244 objects and not 3,231 objects as I had. I forgot about this forum and posted at another and it was suggested to disable all protection and remove the program which is what I did. Then reinstall, went through this process of clicking on for download updates and it indicated getting file, verifying integrity etc. and after all the horizontal green lines it indicated completed and I clicked on enable all and it still showed the 3, 022 objects which is what was there when I did my reinstall, the date indicated was 7/7/04.
    I am new at all of this but have been using the program for a long time and not had a problem. I have not added any new security programs nor have i changed any settings.
    I don't understand direct connection , proxy and alternate as mentioned in a prior post. As a novice I am still on dial up as it suits my needs, can anyone tell me what I should be doing for settings on direct connection, proxy and alternate. After closing here I am going to look for that section of the program. I hope that I can get some feedback. Thankyou. :doubt: :doubt:

5. Wills

Wills Registered Member

:cool: Checked out the options and found that the only check was on "direct to internet" which worked before for updates, but now for some reason it doesn't. So checked off "alternate" as well and now I have all of the updates!!! :)
    Has there been a change to the program to require thiso_O Appreciate comments. Thankyou for all of your experience and knowlege as I am conscientious about updates, scans etc.
    I must remember to participate more in this forum.

6. scott lang

this is what i said i did to fix my update prob/ direct and alternate same solution

7. Wills

Wills Registered Member

My change has been from "internet direct" Only, to this Plus "alternate" and I have windows "xp" OS.

And the comments have been that the boxes other members have checked off have been the "proxy" plus alternate, and thus I ask why would mine be different and as well I did not have to check off "alternate" before, in order to download updates until now.

I hope to get some comments. Thankyou :)

8. xprotectrx

xprotectrx Guest

i have the same problem, do i need to open up a certain port on my router to update?

9. scott lang

some people depending on their internet connections have it set on direct internet and it works, others have to have it set to use the proxy connections and it works, again depending on their internet connection. and some have it set to proxy and alternate together, like mine is to make it work right. in other words every person setup may be a bit different. so as long as you have figured out the way to make it work, dont worry about it. it is working and thats all that matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.