Spyware Blaster Update Crashed Computer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by John Liebson, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Liebson

John Liebson Registered Member

A while ago, I updated the Spyware Blaster Update, and then tried to have the program enable all coverage. I eventually got past IE, but only after finding that Spyware Blaster had hung several times and having to restart it.

After a number of attempts to enable all coverage, the computer crashed with the usual stop errors, dumping memory to disk, etc.

I restarted the machine, restarted Spyware Blaster, and attempted--again, several times--to disable all coverage so that I might remove the program and start over.

This is not working. IE is completely disabled, and a number of restricted sites have been disabled, but if I try to disable all, Spyware Blaster just stops responding every time. Restarting is not exactly "fun," given how long it takes to load the Firefox data, alas.

I tried going into the Restricted Sites area and unclicking five protected sites and tell Blaster to unprotect them.

As the program again stopped responding (with only five sites to remove from coverage), I decided to ask here for assistance: How can I remove all protection so that I can remove and reinstall Spyware Blaster (in the hopes that it will then work properly)?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Do you have SpySweeper?

If so, please see here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=113841

If not, could you please list the other security/privacy programs (anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, etc.) that you have installed?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. John Liebson

John Liebson Registered Member

I doubt that that could have worked, because I followed the instructions to disable the SpySweeper Shield, and was able to completely remove all protection. Leaving the SpySweeper shield disabled, I then re-enabled all protection.

That last step went entirely too quickly--even the Firefox protection--which is why I am quite certain that this did not work: After all, it is a well-known "fact" that simple solutions are of no use....

Problem solved, with my thanks. It did not occur to me that SpySweeper could be the cause of the problem, as I had never had the problem in updating that I encountered yesterday, not had I seen the problem with disabling protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.