Spyware Blaster Startup Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by John Woo, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Woo

John Woo Guest

Hi,

I installed spyware blaster 3.0 successfully and it works, its just that when i go to open the program an Windows Installer pops up and trys to install Microsoft Office? I already have it installed, weird but spyware blaster does open its just that i always have to click cancel on the Windows Installer. Im running windows Xp w/ SP1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thnx

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi John Woo :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Take a look at this link,

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=24220;start=msg142443#msg142443

It is for the old version of SpywareBlaster but hopefully it will help.

snowbound

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, snowbound

Just read your link and in no way am I saying it is wrong or to flame you for it.

But surely there as to be a better way then to have to uninsall 900mb of office, and then re-install to get it to work. What a mess the OS and hdd will be in.

Just my penny of though.
    TheQuest :cool:

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi TheQuest,

We've found through many occurrences of this problem that the SpywareBlaster installer will find a bad install of MS Office and keep popping that error up until either the person gives the requested CD when asked (sometimes this fixes it), or in more extreme cases has to remove and reinstall MS Office. Many have reported success and few problems doing that.

As to why exactly this happens and what the bad install consists of, I can't say. Javacool probably knows the particulars, of course, but all we can say is that it has worked fine for many people doing that. The only other option seems to be living with cancelling the request over and over. :doubt:

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey TheQuest

I second what LowWaterMark had said, this anomaly can occur under few conditions; corrupted files, missing files.

You may not need to do much except do what has been mentioned over on https://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?action=display;board=34;threadid=26248;start=0#msg152720

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Posts split as AV impact discussion over here

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26231

snowbound

7. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, LowWaterMark and Phant0m

Thanks for your replies.

The only time I have had any trouble installing SWB [long time ago] was when I had not I installed Office, and I did what Phant0m's link says to do that was with XP, and install MSCOMCLE. and it worked.

I wonder if that would cure John Woo's problem.

Thanks again to you both.
    TheQuest :cool:

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I had this problem with the old version when I had neglected to update the new install of WIN2k. After updating Windows I was ok...

Just another idea

9. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

I agree an upgrade to IE normally does the trick for many types of anomalies.
    Or even running repair on IE could possibly fix this issue also

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.