Spyware Blaster & Spyware Guard with XP

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Pauline, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pauline

Pauline Registered Member

I am curious as to why it is suggested that the minimal installation be used if you run XP. Does XP have some sort of spyware programme already? Also I am wondering if the pop up windows that are necessary at places like internet banks are affected in any way and if so can some sort of exclusion be listed so they are not interfered with?

Thanks
    Pauline

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Pauline,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Minimal installataion is recommended for XP because the correct versions of all the necessary files that are needed to run SpywareGuard are already present at the computer. Same for users of older versions of SpywareGuard.

Both programs do nothing to prevent popups that are produced by legitimate programs, so you should have no problems with the sites of your bank(s).

Regards,

Pieter

3. Pauline

Thanks very much for the quick reply, I will download now. :)

Also I would also like to know if there is another way besides Paypal to make a donation. I am very grateful for people like yourselves who are out there offering protection for users.

Kind regards
    Pauline

4. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Pauline,

Don't mistake me for the programmer. Iwish I was that smart. :)

About donations: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=17773

Regards,

Pieter

5. Pauline

:)Thanks anyway Pieter! and also thanks for the link about donations.. will await further info on that.

Have just installed both programs.. and was shocked to see so many nasty little spys and hijack type programs out there.

Just to be annoying again... I would like to install these programs on my 9yr old son's computer which he mainly uses to visit kids sites and game sites playing via internet with school friends. Would these programs interfer with his gamies at all. He plays games such as Warcraft and lord of the Rings. I would be unforgiven if his games crashed or would not load.

Just when you think (after 10 years on the net), you have begun to understand the internet and computers, someone or something comes along to blast that idea into incomprehensible bits & bytes! So thank goodness there are some really nice programmers and other people out there keeping things clean and tidy and answering perplexing questions for those such as myself who get lost in the cyber maze :doubt:! many thanks once again....
    Regards
    Pauline

6. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Pauline,

I don't think your son will ever notice the difference.
    If there are any sites that do not work properly anymore, just let us know and we'll figure something out, but I don't expect any problems.

Regards,

Pieter

[EDIT]Freudian typo. expext instead of expect. expext.dll is a hijacker. :rolleyes: [/EDIT]

7. Pauline

Thanks Pieter,
    Will let you know if any probs arise! :)
    ~Pauline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.