Spyware Blaster Not Protecting Firefox Anymore?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by tylerh16, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tylerh16

tylerh16 Registered Member

Today i checked my spyware blaster program, and it said "Mozilla/firefox not detected" "There are no mozilla/firefox user profiles on this account".

I have used the firefox protection from spyware blaster for a little over a year, and today it says it does not work..

Anyone know why?

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Registered Member

Just downloaded the latest update for SpywareBlaster and IE and Firefox are fully enabled with 8023 items in the database. Try reloading Firefox.

3. tylerh16

tylerh16 Registered Member

yeah, i tried reloading firefox and it still wont let me enable protection

4. Harrynoel25

Harrynoel25 Registered Member

It is the same with me - no protection for Firefox. I wonder if it has anything to do with Vista. Or perhaps it has the same problem as Java v.6 which also does not pick up Firefox V.2

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What version of Windows are you using? And have you recently changed any other settings or installed any new programs on your computer?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

6. javacool

Hi,

In your case, the problem is likely being caused by Vista.

This is a known issue that can occur, and will be fixed in the upcoming SpywareBlaster version. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

:mad: What's going on. I deleted my old Firefox 2.0.0.4 profile because the browser was too slow. Changed a bit its name. After a while I catch SpywareBlaster isn't detecting FF. Same story. Tried uninstalling SpywareBlaster, erasing its Program folder and registry cleanser, then reinstalling but same behavior. My FF is now extremely fast so I don't want to touch it. Also tried renaming the registry.dat file in the Mozilla folder in the Documents & settings folder with no success at all. Can somebody help? Am I infected?

8. gdiloren

By the way I'm using Win XP pro sp2 as always. 2 weeks ago, everything was fine.

9. gdiloren

Also tried renaming the profile (profile wizard) in user, and default, without success.

10. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.4 with WINXP SP2 and Spyware Blaster works for me. You said "you changed a bit its name". What did you change?

11. gdiloren

I solved the problem doing a clean re-installation of FF. Now SB detects it. The profile name is "default", before it was in french "utilisateur par défault" and "défault". Although the FF language is French, SB doesn't take it. That's weird, but I solved my problem.
    Thanks!

12. javacool

Thanks for the information! :)

This should help tremendously when trying to reproduce the problem here.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

13. domadd

domadd Registered Member

Same problem here. Using windows xp pro sp2 and Firefox 2. Installed Spywareblaster today but it is showing zero items disabled in Firefox. Is there any solution without reinstalling Firefox. I tried the Profile suggestion but mine seems ok . Default not the French one mentioned. Any firefox users out there with experience of this problem Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.