spyware blaster & macorivision flash

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bill038, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill038

bill038 Registered Member

I have spywareblaster installed and went to the tools window and disabled macrovision flash. A web site that I go to uses this for their videos. I disabled the flash blocker and it would not come back. I tried to reinstall macrovision and now I cannot install it either. Does anyone have any idea what happenedo_O Thank you in advance. billo

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Probably a stupid question, but did you try rebooting after you re-enabled Flash? No guarantees, of course, but it's amazing how many problems that'll clear up.

3. bill038

bill038 Registered Member

Yes and I even uninstaled spywareblaster and reinstalled without any protection and I still cannot download it. I have scratched my head about this so long l no longer have any hair. billo

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Billo, welcome to the forums. :)

Can you try this. Totally empty all of your TIFS/Temp files, sometimes something corrupted pre-cached will stop a new download and a simple empty will enable you to redownload again.

Here is a very good cleaner: CrapCleaner

Just check off the things you are comfortable with [including Temp Internet and Temp folders]. Then click Run Cleaner bottom right window.

Here is another link on CrapCleaner [it's also a registry cleaner, but I had done some pics of it in here:

LINK WITH PICS ETC ABOUT CC

I take it you are running XP.

Have you looked in the C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Program Files folder, see if it's in there and does not have 'corrupted' or other info on it, other than "Installed"?

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Downloaded Program Files folder, showing what's installed. Sometimes, one may become corrupt. You *could* try a delete of this if so. Just make sure a Restore Point is made before hand.

TAS

edit: Or does it show up in Add/Remove Panel.. not sure, don't have it installed. Better to remove via that. :)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.