Spyware Blaster is loading slowly?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pepiman, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepiman

pepiman Registered Member

So I've been using Spyware Blaster for a long time now ... great program in combination with Spybot and the occasional Ad-Aware scans

anyways so I formatted my girlfriend's computer last night because she had been using IE without any protection whatsoever for a long time now and a scan of HiJack This revealed a little too much junk.... (ok WAY too much).
    After formatting and installed WinXP I installed Spyware Blaster and to my amazement... the loading of the databases and the "proctect all" was almost instantaneous ... on her P3 733 with 128mb of ram.

I'm running an Athlon 64 3400+ at 2.6ghz with a gig of high-performance Corsair XMS C2 ram running at DDR433 and it takes me almost 30 seconds to load Spyware Blaster and everytime I update it it takes me almost another 45 seconds to protect the new unprotected items (recently only 6-20 items in the updates)

is there something I should know? I mean, I upgraded from 3.2 to 3.3 ... and even 3.2 was slow for me... weird no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.