Spyware blaster had four entries unchcked

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by imadreamer2, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imadreamer2

imadreamer2 Registered Member

Under the restricted sites protection enabled, 4 sites had been unchecked somehow. cwshredder 008i.com, cwshredder 5427, greg search, cwshredder 1242, cash search.biz, and cws 1249 myexexex.com.

At the same time I found the search for it also disabled. I figured out the search for it had been disabled by the spybot scan false positive. The same spybot scan showed 4 LH entries, is it possible that they were the above four entries?

2. Jack G

Jack G Registered Member

This has happened to me a couple of times. Spybot gets a false positive - when you eliminate it protection is removed from one or more sites in Spyware Blaster. When you restore protection Spybot will immediately show the same false positive. Spybot is simply misinterpreting the protection entry from Spyware Blaster. Just restore the protection and ignore the false positive from Spybot. Your system is fine.

3. [TBT]Srg Shultz

[TBT]Srg Shultz Registered Member

thanks. i too, noticed when letting spybot remove "search-for-it", rebooted, spyblaster said 1 item not protected. enabling that protection brought same entry back in spybot.

i'll ignore it, thanks.

4. bladdergod

bladdergod Registered Member

I've had the same problem with twain-tech,double-click,and search4it
    when mozilla loads my homepage, in the bottom system bar I see "waiting-
    for doubleclick" and mozilla freezes. I check spywareblaster and sure enough
    protection from doubleclick has been removed. I re-enable protection and
    mozilla runs normally. I do run spybot S&D so these entries are false pos.?
    if so why does doubleclick freeze mozilla?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.