Spyware blaster freezing

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by davolente, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davolente

davolente Registered Member

Running Spywareblaster on older networked PC with 98SE. Has been fine, but now, when rustled up, it goes through the motions of "loading database" with the progress bar working OK to the end but then it freezes, with the hour glass showing on the curser if hovered over the window. My independent CPU monitor shows 100% usage and I finally have to dispose of it by the three-fingered salute in task manager, which shows it as "not responding". I have tried re-installing but no difference. Any thoughts?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Have you recently installed Spybot S&D 1.5?

If you have, please see this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=185444
    (It's a known issue caused by Spybot adding a large number of items to the Firefox hostperm.1 file, and will be fixed in the upcoming new version of SpywareBlaster. :))

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. davolente

davolente Registered Member

Yes, you`ve hit the nail on the head, I presume that it only affects 98SE, as my other machine, running XP runs Blaster OK still, despite having the latest version of Spybot on there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.