Spyware Blaster, and SpywareGuard:

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by SG1, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Updated SWB (as I call it) a while back, when one ver. was followed closely by an update, as I recall.
    But seems I had to come here, get whole program again, rather than the Update feature doing that; why was that?

And do I undertand correctly, that one has Spyware Guard running while online in system tray, which in turn is really "feeding off of" Spyware Blaster (which does not have to be on/running)? Is that correct?

Oh, and btw - and I'm not the first to mention this - but when Spyware Guard is on/in system tray, could you please put in a "normal" right click choice to shut it off, like most programs have? SG jumps up, and then I tell it to shut down, and then it asks me do I really want to do that, etc. Just a right click on icon in system tray, & selecting "Close" will do, please. <g>

Thanks, for info/help. SG1 (Pat)

P.S. Why haven't I won Spyware Blaster logo contest, by now? <grin> I sent in 40 some entries, figuring I could blow everyone away, w/sheer numbers. ;-)

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I can't answer your other questions, but I wanted to correct you here. Both SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster are completely separate programs that protect you in a completely different way. They do not depend on each other.
    It is recommended however to use them both, because they use very different ways of stopping spyware from infecting your system. They complement each other without depending on one another.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.