SPYWARE BLASTER & AD-AWARE CONFLICTING

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ENT, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Hi, me again :) When I click Disable IE hompage to current user in Blaster and then run Ad-Aware it says manual changing of security for IE has been changed, so I quarentine it and then Blaster gets un checked. Back and forth with ad-aware and Blaster? If I don't do anything in Ad-aware it stays checked in Blaster. I don't know if you understand what I am saying? Spyware problem or something else? Please say no spyware problem :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. Kosingigglephits

Kosingigglephits Registered Member

I know that with some other spyware applications, they will conflict with AdAware's ref files. The other app will see those and think they are actual spyware and then try to remove or quarantine them. I would suggest if it gives you the full path and you see anything from Lavasoft or AdAware just ignore it.

3. steveUK

steveUK Guest

you need to set ad-aware to ignore it, not quarantine (which removes it hence unticks it in spywareblaster). ad-aware picks it up as it "could" have been altered by spyware, it doesnt know it was set by spywareblaster and is not a threat or spyware at all.

4. ENT

ENT Registered Member

Thank you !!!!!!!!!! :) Happy to hear it's not Spyware. You guys are really nice to have around. Thanks again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.