Spyware Blaster 3.2 Strange Behavior on Opening

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by francais, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francais

francais Registered Member

Hi all,
    I'm running Windows XP on two different computers and have installed and updated Spyware Blaster 3.2 on both without any problems. Yet on one machine, which has exactly the same software installed as the other, everytime I open Spyware Blaster it triggers the MS Installer (MSI) and attempts to install a program that I have long since removed from my PC. I get the following application error message:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MsiInstaller
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1001
    Date: 8/15/2004
    Time: 13:09:55
    User: N/A
    Computer: WOLF
    Description:
    Detection of product '{057AA4D8-559F-42B1-98A0-508303834B2E}', feature '_MainFeature' failed during request for component '{22056900-C842-11D1-A0DD-00A0C9054277}'

I've thoroughly searched my registry and the MS Installer for the the entries in the error message but the searches always turn up negative.
    Most puzzling is that this strange behavior is only triggered on one of my systems and not on the other.
    I would really appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer toward solving this problem.
    Thanks in advance for your input.
    o_O

2. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Maybe it would help if you would name the product? Cuz I don't see any program name in that message you posted. Try searching the registry for the programs' company name. I've always noticed that brings up some more invalid entries.

3. francais

francais Registered Member

Thanks for suggestion! I omitted the program's name because it was a french verb conjugation program that I uninstalled long ago. It's called "Conjugaison" and I cleared up my registry of any reference to that program long ago.
    I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling SpywareBlaster several times now but to no avail.
    This one really has me stumped!
    o_O

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

5. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Wait... Is Spyware Blaster coming up at all? Or is the MS Installer coming up instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.