SpySweeper?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Marja, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

HI ALL! I just ran the new version of SpyBot and found some stuff I will take to NetI. But, could someone tell me what SpySweeper is? It is on my start up list and I have never heard of it! It is not on SpyBot's list, well, maybe the resident list which I can't figure out how to open! Also, has anyone used DocProRX for IE problems? I found it on Google, but, again, don't know if it might make my IE problem small in comparison? Thanks for your time, know you all are busy busy as always!! (And MUCH appreciated!):)

2. Harold77

Harold77 Registered Member

You can get info on SpySweeper here: http://www.webroot.com/wb/index.php , just another of many anti- spyware programs.

Look to see if you have it listed in your start menu or if there is a WebRoot folder in C:\Program Files. :)

3. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Thanks Harold!! I never saw SpySweeper until I downloaded the new version of SpyBot and ran it. According to S&D it is on my start up list, is that something to do with them? Cuz I never thought of that?! I will check that site!:)

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi Marja,

I D/Ld Spysweeper just for a look see....good stuff....it found odds and ends that my other Spy Snuffing gear didn't find....THANKS...Now got the free version on my OS...

Grtz, Cochise, :cool:

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Registered Member

I have been using Spysweeper for about 5 months now and really like it. It does at times find spyware that Spybot S&D and Adaware 6.0 miss. It also has a good home page Highjack stopper. However you can not update the free version.

6. trainride

trainride Guest

Certain folks i know just re-download SpySweeper (free version) every month or so to get an updated version absolutely free.

7. mowergun

mowergun Registered Member

I tried the free version of SpySweeper after reading a highly favorable review. I then purchased the full version of SpySweeper. After having installed and scanned with the free version and then removing everything it found, and then subsequently purchasing, installing and scanning with the full paid version and seeing what it found, I have come to one conclusion:

You could format your hard drive wiping it clean, then install windows from disc, and then without ever connecting to the internet install SpySweeper from disc and run a scan and it will find pieces of known malware that post date the creation of your windows install disc.

You can draw your own conclusions from that.

8. unknownone

unknownone Guest

PestPatrol will do the exact same thing. I even once tested PestPatrol after i had the pay version i deleted it and downloaded the free/test version again and the free version found malware after i did a full scan with the pay version and it didn't find anything. They probally just do this to get people to purchase the full version. But i don't think it means they don't work properly it's just a ploy to get you to buy them. I had similar results with SpySweeper.

9. Catwomen

Catwomen Guest

Yes spysweeper and pest patrol are bad in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.