Spysweeper and Firefox

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by FlashGordon, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Registered Member

Hi everyone,

Just found this nice forum site and have learned quite a bit going over the previous threads.

My question is I currently only have Spysweeper(recently updated to v3.0) on my system. Works without any problems or slowdowns and has quite a few security features for IE, but I just recently switched to Firefox 0.9. I run scans on my system and haven't found any spyware. I know Spysweeeper monitors my system and IE, but does it monitor Firefox? I've also had Spysweeper scan just the Mozilla folder without finding anything. Would anyone recommend a second program? I've read good things about Spywareblaster, but I know v3.1 currently doesn't recognize Firefox 0.9. The one feature about Spywareblaster I like is that it doesn't run in the background. I prefer to have only one service running, like having one antivirus running, while having another for on demand.

Thanks for your help and replies. :)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Just a quick note: the 3.2 version of SpywareBlaster, which should correctly recognize Firefox 0.9 and up, should be available very soon. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Ming

Ming Guest

SpywareBlaster works on my computer and quite a few other people around here that have Firefox 0.9/0.9.1 without any problems, but it doesn't seem to work for everybody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.