spysweeper 5.2 5.3.1 (build 2344)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lodore, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

btw its spysweeper 5.3 and no longer 5.2
    spysweeper update to 5.3.1 (build 2344)
    anyone got a change log?
    or did they forgot again?
    seems i got the news out first i dont see an earlier thread with this info=d

omg its given me the 5.0 version via the download link when it opens IE7 so i have to get it to give me an email again
    the icon of the installer is now a box showing the with antivirus and a cd next to it.
    have they fixed some of the big bugs yes or no?

you decide!

installed and seems to open faster than the old version and runs alot better.
    i can even use the right click intergration and it doesnt get stuck and loads up fast.
    what did they do fire the whoel webroot team and get a new team?=D
    or did they listen to my complaining because they seem to of fixed all the problems i had in the past.
    it only says webroot spysweeper at the top rather than with antivirus which i asked for.
    it opens faster less crashes.
    seems to many people jumped off the webroot band wagon to soon.
    lodore

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  2. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Well, how long can you wait? When their program brings your PC to a crawl, you really can't stay on that bandwagon for any period of time if you want to use your computer.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

true but the old version only done that if you used the shields.
    i havent tried the shields on the 5.3 version as of yet but might do since its running so well.
    how many processes does spyware doctor use?
    also i havent found any infomation on the pc tools site about spyware doctor 5.0 that is meant to be out today.
    lodore

4. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Hi, How about BSODs?

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

none yet:D
    as i said its going great.
    it did terminate randomly according to event viewer but alot of my programs are as in my other threads i need to get new ram to stop programs hitting the bad ram and terminating randomly.
    lodore

6. ejr

ejr Registered Member

They must have missed their launch date. Version 5.0 wasn't available today like moderators in their forum said it would be. But that seems to be the norm for software nowadays.

By the way, did webrootfix the Scheduled Scan bug in Spyware Doctor or must you still go through Windows Scheduler?

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have no idea since i dont do the Scheduled scans.
    i just run it when i fill like it.
    lodore

8. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Thanks for popping this up iodore

Like 000's of others WebRoot burned their bridges with me: had >6 months and what 10, lol, upgrades: during that time my licence ran out and is not likely to be renewed.
    With all the "good' reviews written, ROFL. even about 5.0: any of those diligent spruikers reviewed upgrade by upgrade?? They' ll have to get busy again with the "Newest and Bestest" push once more. :p

Would have to be a mighty leap from where it was..
    So far:
    ??
    Whoopee
    So dumped the Av or what ??
    Wow, hubba hubba.
    Waiting with bated breath :blink:
    Not to my mind.
    Not jumping back any time soon.

Can you uninstall it??
    What happens to memuse with time?
    How well does it go with IE7 now ?

This is no way a personal attack gentle friend.
    Just came to loathe SS for all the S**t the loyal users were put through.
    Always willing to rethink, just might wait a bit longer.

Regards.

9. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Unfortunately, Webroot NEVER publish a changelog for new versions. This probably is their traditional practice. Even though I have raised this changelog suggestion many times during beta stage, they are still sticking to their traditional practice of not issuing changelog. :(

But AFAIK, 5.3.1.2344 is now supporting Vista. It was mentioned in the recent Webroot newsletter.

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

long bridge i share your concern and was ready to dump it myself with all the bugs in 5.2 but my dad renewed because he didnt know that and it was cheap.
    now im glad it works since my dad paid for it.
    lodore

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ok today i had spysweeper running with all the shields running it didnt slow me down since it hardly ever used any cpu.
    but twice today when i closed internet explorer it took a few seconds to close and then blue screened.
    the first time i thought it was a random problem but remembered it was when i closed IE7
    then later i closed IE7 and same thing happerned.
    for now ive turned off the shields and open it when i want to and not load at startup.
    lodore

12. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If you can't run it with the shields activated you're pulling a ZoneAlarm trick. Shut off half the app so it'll work. I still have 10 months on my registration, but I'll leave it uninstalled. :cool:

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well i turned all shields off and just using it as on demand since i dont want to blue screen everytime i close IE7 lol.
    i only use ie7 for one thing an online game but still.
    lodore

14. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Lodore, I think if you're using SUPERantispyware on demand, you can dump that hog SS. SA does as good a job and runs light. You must have alot of free space on your HD to store stuff you don't really need. lol :D

15. lodore

lodore Registered Member

and that stupid spysweeper.exe that always runs grr.
    i could disable it but then i would have to get the process to start everytime i want to use spysweeper.
    my dad renewed it about one month ago and got 14months for £$10 really annoying:D
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.