SpySweeper 5.05.1286 and Ewido 4.0.0172 issues?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by feddup, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I upgraded to ewido 4 without any issues at all. When I upgraded to spysweeper 5 my mouse cursor suddenly has a strange lag. I'm not certain either program is to blame but those are the only recent changes. Is anyone else who's running these two programs (resident) experiencing issues? Yes they both consume RAM but this machine has two gigs so I find it hard to believe that's an issue.

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have Ewido 4.0.0172 Plus, and for a day or so trialed the new Spysweeper 5.0..

I had no issues such as you describe.

Best,
    Jerry

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I also have SS & Ewido installed without issue's, did you uninstall SS 4.5 and reboot before installing 5.0, if not then try that.:)

4. Nontechguy

Nontechguy Registered Member

I wonder maybe because there to much resource being used by Ewido and its causing this problem , See what happen if you don't use Ewido

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

What other applications do you run in the background?

6. jont55

jont55 Registered Member

I am not sure if you had your question answered, but I also upgrade to spysweeper 5 and found out there are major issues with this release. My CPU went to 99 percent usage and I also experienced frequent crashes with an error message of "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I wrote to webroot three day ago about this problem, and they have yet to respond. I removed the software from all of my computers, and everything is back to normal. I would suggest that you stop using spysweeper 5 until Webroot resolved whatever problem they may have with this release. I reinstalled ver. 4.5 and it worked just fine.

7. feddup

feddup Registered Member

all is well!

Sorry i haven't got back. I run trendmicro IS2006, spysweeper 5.X and ewido 4 and strangly they decided to play nice. all is well. I have no idea why the strange lag occured a few days back. Thanks for all the input. I always could have gone "back in time" with True Image but didn't have to.

8. dsearles

dsearles Registered Member

I also experienced several problems with Spy Sweeper 5.0.5.1286 and after experiencing the ever-downward spiral of quality/features with Webroot I decided to switch over to Ewido.

With SS 5, I had high CPU usage, disappearing taskbar icon after a scan (so I couldn't control or shutdown SS w/o rebooting) and a protracted battle ridding my system of W32.Mytob.AH@mm which arrived during SS 5's watch. Norton Anti-Virus 2006 continually prevented Mytob from reproducing but it was installed effectively causing a Denial-Of-Service attack due to the continual quarantining by NAV.

What fun!

9. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Same problems are reported also by other users, take a look here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.