Spysweeper 5.0.5.1286 slows PC?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by porty, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porty

porty Registered Member

Got a few customers using paid versions of this latest Spysweeper. So far two of them claim that their systems are running slower after the upgrade from (4.5?).

Anyone able to comment?

Thanks.

2. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

I think this issue is already covered in the thread that talks about SS update. However there is general problem with 'security enhancements and feature additions' by a good number of security vendors since they use NEW technologies that:

1. Delve deeper into the OS as an attempt to 'increase' protection and this takes more resources.

2. Add more features/functions that may duplicate what one has aready installed - it seems Antispyware programs now offer protection for Processess, IM, memory, registry, HOSTS file, startup.. and on top of that offerer protection against worms, rogue products, popups, trojans, keyloggers, rootkits..

3. brings new features may create conflicts or incompatibilities with other apps. :oops:

3. porty

porty Registered Member

Thanks for that comment, it perhaps explains why slower machines would be more affected than others.

One customer in particular is talking about returning to the older version. Any downsides to this, do you think?

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I haven't noticed any difference in performance when i updated to version 5. It has slowed my system a little bit from the time i installed 4.5 but version 5 hasn't made a noticeable difference. Using an older version will leave a computer open to more risks. If the program causes too much bother maybe they could consider a lighter alternative?

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

A new Build for V5.0.5.1286 is supposed to be released today (04-Aug-2006) for the purpose of resolving many conflict problems between SS V5.0 and other security programs such as McAfee, Norton, AdAware, etc., etc. Whereas Webroot is Colorado, USA, it would be advisable to check for this release after 4-5 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time, USA.

If the new release does not make it out today, then perhaps Webroot will release it soon. ;)

6. porty

porty Registered Member

Thanks for your comments, Farmerlee and Siliconman01. I'll look out for the upgrade.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.