SpySubtract Pro 2.51

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MR KERANO, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MR KERANO

MR KERANO Guest

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Looks interesting. I used Ad-Subtract a few years ago and liked it.
    Intermute seems to be dedicated to fighting malware.

3. bch

bch Registered Member

I've had SpySubtract for a good few months now on a machine with XP Home. Its a very stable app, (no problems with SP2), so its worth giving it a trial. It didn't do overly well in Eric Howes' recent tests http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm and it is apt to detect the odd "restricted item" in SpywareBlaster as a false positive when it scans the registry. On average, I've received a couple of definition updates a month.

It gives you the option of quick or full scans and has a realtime monitor called Venus Flytrap. All it says about this on the website is, "REAL-TIME PROCESS MONITORING.
    Just like anti-virus software, SpySubtract monitors your system in real-time to make sure Spyware is not running in your computer’s memory." It would be nice to have a lot more detail on this aspect.

I don't use the real-time monitor myself normally but just gave it a run. Memory usage settled at around 2mb, from an initial 40mb, and three minutes later went up to around 6mb. At this time CPU went from 0% to 30% and it repeated this at three minute intervals.

The new version of CWShredder comes with it but I understand this version deletes certain entries in the Hosts file of some.

They have just brought out a new product called BadSubtract which blocks certain websites but I haven't read up about it yet.

4. BOEING

BOEING Registered Member

I have just been introduced to SpySubtract, and being quite impressed with it during the five days of my 30 trial period I looked at the 'buy now' page and it looks very american. edit [I mean the distance not the people]

Has any one subscribed to this prog and what is the best way to pay with relative safety as there doesn't seem to be a local agent in Britain.

Regards BOEING

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.