Spyshield & PGP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by the Tester, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi.Iv'e been looking to make my IM programs more secure or blend them into a secure IM program.I have found good,secure programs,but none that I have found are xp compatable.I ran across a website that has Spyshield and a link to PGP.They are encryption tools from what I understand.Would this be the best answer for my security concerns? Does anyone know more about these programs? Are these programs easy to use and install and do all my contacts have to have the the same programs to be effective?Any opinion or advice would be most appreciated.Keep in mind that I am new to this type of program.Yay or Nay? ;)

2. burns

burns Guest

good question ! I am also thinking of installing pgp . Just wondering whether its going to mess up my computer ( win 2000 nt) and is there a version where you dont need the recipient to have pgp. all these alerts and bugs in newer pgp ...is it worth getting now ?

"Home users should treat e-mail communications as though they were shouting in a crowded room. Unless e-mail messages are encrypted, anyone can read them. E-mail should never be used for confidential communications. After being sent from your computer, e-mail travels all over the Internet and can be read by anyone whose path it crosses. "

quote from Article about email security.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

4. ljc1174

ljc1174 Registered Member

5. Paul Wilders

Hi Lori,

Apologies for that; I knew the info has been there, and didn't bother to check if they were still up :rolleyes:.

(btw: added URL tags to your link(s) - won't show up fully otherwise - see that little globe above the screen when you post? Press this one, and fill in/copy the URL in between ;) ).

regards,

paul

6. ljc1174

Oh, ok... um, how'd u do that after I posted it?

7. ljc1174

Hi Paul,

Did you by any chance check the links yourself yet? I noticed this site is in my restricted zone, this could be why his links won't work for me, maybe... How do I remove this site from restriction, I looked through the list, but I'm not sure which one is for this site.

Thanks,
    Lori

8. Paul Wilders

Lori,

Well, admins and mods do have access to all posts, and can make any changes. Any time it happens, you'll be notified by a small line at the bottom of the post. We are in the habit of posting within the same post as of why and what has been altered.

Just did - unfortunately, they don't seem to function anymore..

regards.

paul

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

10. Paul Wilders

Quite so Jan ;),

It's the links over on Imad's page that seem to 404.

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.