SpyShelter Firewall - ready to start...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ichito, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Strong even on X64 ? If it is , I may change my setup :D ( I only tested SpyShelter on my VM Windows Xp 32 bits , i dont want to mess up my main system )

2. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Strong enough to run alone with MBAM Pro only on demand?

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

or with just hitmanpro:thumb:

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

So does anyone know how to clean up the firewall entries that i mentioned in an earlier post.It seems to me that theres no way to remove old redundant entries that have been allowed/denied present.Anyone have any ideas?

6. shadek

shadek Registered Member

No. I'm looking at the same thing. There should be a manual cleanup feature for it. On the other hand, perhaps the option "Autoclean rules" takes care of it?

7. ellison64

The manual clean only cleans redundant black/white list rules,and doesnt seem to affect the firewall entries that I can see.Im pretty sure autoclean just cleans redundant entries for the black/white list too.I guess i need to contact the developer for clarification.

8. scotsman

scotsman Registered Member

I tried to delete a rule (black/white lists) for an item that was also listed in the "firewall" portion, restarted, but it didn't affect the rule created...even after rebooting.

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Xp Home SP3 32-bit.

10. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

i installed the new version 6.10 premiun
    but it doesn't run,,it may conflict with avast or sandboxie..on xp sp3

11. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

certify conflict SpyShelter v 6.1 with sandboxie v 3.64
    sandboxie does not work at all."Everything," I tried.
    os=win 7 64bit

12. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Most probably caused by Microsoft Patch KB2660465 + SpyShelter Premium 6.1 + Sandboxie V3.64.

Do you have KB2660465 installed?

There is a discussion here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2018268#post2018268

You may wish to try the fix Tzuk suggested.

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12449&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It solved my problem.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  13. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

I have purchased the update for SpyShelter Firewall two days ago, and I haven't got the key yet.

In the meantime, I installed the SpyShelter Firewall v1.00 as a 14 days trial on one of my Laptops, but when I tried to install the SpyShelter Firewall v1.00 as a 14 days trail on my second Laptop, it wouldn't allow me to do so, informing me that it is allowed on one computer only.

I didn't know that trial software was only allowed on one computer only?

Does anyone know this?

Best regards,

KOR!

P.S. Being a Firewall, it checks to see on which computer it is installed on the LAN.

14. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

Thanks for the tip

I am automatically downloaded Microsoft Patch KB2660465 over windows update.
    problem is solved according to the instructions Tzuk from the forum sandboxie

15. ellison64

Are you finding that the firewall doesnt seem to remember rules every time you reboot?.It seems i always have to allow spamihilator and my mail client in the popup.Ive also noticed that the hash for processes under rules (white list/blacklist),are the same as the hash for the process under firewall except theres extra didgits at the beginning of the hash.Does anyone understand how this firewall hash works?....it doesnt make sense shouldnt the hash be the same for the same process?

16. ellison64

Ive just notice that the registration key is supplied with the plimus.com invoice.
    Open the email addressed Plimus Sales <receipt@plimus.com
    and click the link to see your order information online (you need to login with the email address you supplied when purchasing.The serial is shown there.

17. ellison64

Ive been poking around in C:\Users\****** (your name)\AppData\Roaming\SpyShelter (this path is on windows 7 64bit)and cleared the firewall rules by deleting edbch_b.db and edbm_b.db files (backed them up first just in case).This cleared the firewall rules and all seems to be working fine with firewall rules being created again.I do hope the cleanup option will address this though .Ive emailed support about it but no reply yet.

18. aladdin

Hi Ellison64,

Thanks for the tip. I did what you suggested and found my registration key.

Best regards,

KOR!

19. aladdin

Sandboxie is still broken with SpyShelter Firewall v1.00, but not with SpyShelter v6.10 with the fix.

Best regards,

KOR!

20. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up:thumb: I've been waiting all weekend to get an email with my license keys. Just installed and am taking it through its paces. Really like it. Got all my internet facing apps running restricted. So far so good.

21. ichito

ichito Registered Member

About remembering FW rules...I think there are some problems with this because of that - when we try to remove some rule, default answer is "No". So when we are pushing only "Enter" button on keyboard, rule is not removed
    FW_english rules.jpg
    About changing rules...I didn't find "edit" option, but I tried change rule in "WL list" tab - not in "Firewall". One can sort the column "Protection Module" and find "Firewall", then should find the interesting process and switch rule to "make it allowed" or "make it denied". Rules on WL list are always saved...so it is on my machine :)
    One more thing...on the bottom of "WL list" screen we have always information about this one selected rule, we are interested in - we can see info about incoming packets, outgoing connections, port listening, accessing the network via DNSResolver...it sometimes can be helpful.
    FW_english BW list.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  22. ellison64

Ichito...I am unable to bring up the remove rule box (yes/no) for firewall rules that your 1st screenshot shows.Right clicking or left clicking doesnt bring up any options for me .Are you using 64bit?

23. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Good to know it solved your problem.

24. scotsman

scotsman Registered Member

Ellison...I'm using 64-bit and am able to access rules to firewall like ichito

25. aladdin

Same here. Also, I have now removed the Sandboxie v3.65.01 and still sometimes the computer crashes with blue screen. Have now uninstalled the SpyShelter Firewall until they came out with a stable version.

Best regards,

KOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.