SpyShelter 9.2 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by pablozi, Sep 18, 2014.

1. co22

co22 Registered Member

Spyshelter Firewall have such as option action:53 the blocked or allowed program writed on Application Execution Control tab under rules tab
    and it is depend on setting you selected
    set for Ask user or Allow microsoft
    also in recent version user can create rule to allow or block program under Application Execution Control

2. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Latest Release

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Maybe you should recommend that option to them. I think that is a very good ideal.

4. Oddo

Oddo Registered Member

Yes, this feature is already implemented. In the popup window you can specify if file A shall be allowed to execute only file B or all files in the future. The rules can be manually edited in the "Application Execution Control" tab in "Rules".

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I wanted to buy SS, but I see a lifetime license costs 66 euro, isn't that a bit too expensive?

6. genieautravail

genieautravail Registered Member

Sure ! :eek:
    I have purchased on BitsduJour website my lifetime licence for SpyShelter Premium 14,92 € in may 2011. ;)

7. Rasheed187

@ genieautravail

So I will have to keep an eye out for a deal I suppose. Is that site trustworthy? And to clarify, I wouldn't mind paying 60 euro, but only if the app was near to perfection, sadly enough SS isn't even close to that.

8. genieautravail

genieautravail Registered Member

@Rasheed187

There is no problems with BitsduJour website.

Since 2009 I have purchased dozens of programs on this website.
    The guys which compose the BitsduJour team are clean. :cool:

Cheer

9. Rasheed187

OK thanks, I'm always a bit wary about third party software resellers.

10. co22

co22 Registered Member

11. co22

co22 Registered Member

12. Rasheed187

13. co22

co22 Registered Member

sorry for late replay,you had contact developer

14. co22

co22 Registered Member

SpyShelter 9.9.1 released

We are happy to announce that we have released SpyShelter 9.9.1 version with working keystroke encryption for Asian operating systems.
    After almost two months of SpyShelter 9.9 Open Beta tests, we are finally ready to present you new version of SpyShelter.
    This is a very special moment for us, because at this very moment SpyShelter is the only application in the World which can encrypt
    keystrokes of all applications, no matter what your keyboard input language is.
    We strongly encourage Chinese, Japanese and Korean users to send us feedback about Keystroke Encryption.
    Click here to learn more about SpyShelter’s Keystroke Encryption driver.

SpyShelter 9.9.1 Changelog (21/05/2015):
    – Added support for East Asian languages to Keystroke encryption driver
    – Fixed context menu handler bug when program starts from service
    – Added French version of User’s Manual
    – Few small improvements

15. Rasheed187

No problem, it wasn't a question, but more of a statement.

I didn't even realize that HIPS couldn't provide this feature for Asian operating systems automatically.

16. Lagavulin16

Lagavulin16 Registered Member

Definitely good to see that this solid firewall is updated relatively frequently. I suspect they're getting very close or may have already achieved W10 compatibility.

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I'm rather silently intrigued with SS being a historic HIPS loyal in super granular protection w/running alerts etc.

Is this SS security app been certified against latest Crypto/Locker etc. types of interruption yet?

18. Lagavulin16

@EASTER I've been running under this SSFW umbrella for roughly two years now with a life-time license. The attached screen shot shows if anything else that I'm not a big fan HIPS intrusion announcements.

SSFW.jpg

That said, the app covers "58 monitored areas" (sorry, no screeny). And as anti-executables go-- nothing is allowed to download without tweaking the application rules to allow otherwise.
    IMO, "historic HIPS" and "granular protection" applies in spades.

And if you're not a fan of matousec... well, never mind.
    http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/results.php

Anywho.. With respect to the "Crypto/Locker, etc." question, I'll defer to the truly qualified posters here that would have a clue such as @ichito , @Windows_Security , and @142395.

p.s. @142395 MIA since ____ ... Sorely missed. Talk about erudition and willing to share it..! :thumb:

19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well you had just as well beat a dead horse when expressing any disappointment over HIPS chatty alert boxes to this user because this camp thrives on ACTION W/DETAILS and a quality HIPS makes such a feature a reality for those who monitor such things locally :thumb:

No choice but to accept your deferrment on my core question however, as i am very interested in how well (if at all) that SS can deal with these newest variants of Mr Crypto and Mr Locker.

I'm happy that you seem to found the right protection in SpyShelter Firewall and i applaud that decision on your part. When or if i do, i also would go with the full blown SSFW version for the obvious reasons.

20. Rasheed187

No, it will probably not stop most ransomware, the problem is that SS hasn't got a file/folder protection module and it also doesn't watch for file modifications. Perhaps the developers will add protection against this in the future, it would be a selling point.

21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well crap. Wasn't at all aware of that shortcoming in SSFW. Thanks for that tidbit and maybe sometime soon they might add those necessary protections too. Kinda kills the interest i was hoping to have in it.

22. Lagavulin16

That said, bear in mind SSFW offers the option of placing files/folders in a restricted protection capacity that would/should "watch for file modifications" and protect accordingly. However, I am not aware of any specific tests that address EASTER's "Crypto/Locker etc." concerns (post 192) and will refrain from guessing if the Restricted Apps option would be sufficient to counter this type of attack. Unlike Rasheed, I feel less comfortable slamming this or any other app on pure speculation and conjecture.

2015-06-04_221852.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  23. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Oh please :) SS is mainly anti-logger and as this was created more than 5 years ago...how many cryptolockers was in the wild in those time?...how many exist nowadays? We can't expect that SS app can be protection against "everything" what we can imagine :)
    OK...today we have many examples of cryptolockers but we can talk about in this situation about financial damage ca 50...maybe 100 Euro...from our bank-accounts keylogger can grab hundrets or even thousends. OK...but our important data...files...pictures...projects...our job and memories...OK...yet we have backups or we should have what is as important as obvious...
    One question...who has backup of bank account?

As regards the protection that already exists in SS...
    - HIPS of course and its possibility to detect many unknown/strange/suspicious action of new processes...after few years of using it I prefere rather "ask user" level
    - as I know SS it has no option to protect specific/chosen by user folders against modification but has option to limit places from where cryptolocker can attack - it's "restricted app" module where we can put all know for us folders with potentially danger contents e.g. - folder marked as default in web browser to download data...user App Data...Temporary Files...perhaps even tha same like in "folders with write access" form mouse context menu ("special folders).

It's only my considerations...maybe they are false...or maybe someone can confirm it.

BTW...I will install TF...I think it has appropriate options to protect user's folders with sensitive data.

24. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I never used this product before, so I availed myself of the offer...and now, I have it installed in one of 4 snapshots...

I just upgraded to the latest version of Process Lasso from a recent beta version, a short time ago.

But, I had shutdown SpyShelter before updating Process Lasso....So, when I reloaded SpyShelter, imagine my surprise when it popped these for Process Lasso. All is good, and I allowed. ;)

ScreenShot_SpyShelter_v9.9.1.0_Change_01.gif

ScreenShot_SpyShelter_v9.9.1.0_Change_02.gif

ScreenShot_SpyShelter_v9.9.1.0_Change_03.gif

25. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I won't admit to it openly just yet but i boy how i do like the workings and features of SSFW :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.