SpyShelter 10

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Like you said, you can always combine it with another anti-exe tool. But SS should be improved a lot, to make it into a user friendly HIPS. At the moment it's not really usable for me because of several reasons.

2. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

@Rasheed187

What kind of issues you experience with SpyShelter Firewall ?

IF the developer can make some improvements it would be a great program. Has a little bit of clunky user-interface.

3. Rasheed187

Mostly GUI issues, like alerts not being fully readable and the scrolling problem. Even worse are the unhandy event log and rules manager.

4. ichito

ichito Registered Member

https://www.spyshelter.com/blog/spyshelter-10-4-released/#more-5723

5. ald4r1s

ald4r1s Registered Member

To be fair I prefer SpyShelter's raw and oldschool GUI. It is much better than modern security suites metro designs, where all advanced options are hidden so the casual walmart customers won't hurt themselves.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  6. boredog

boredog Registered Member

All I can say is it messed up my computer so I could not boot and had to restore back to 8.1 then upgrade to 10 again and was not happy at all. I personaly will never touch the program again.

7. ichito

ichito Registered Member

You was just not yet ready to test SS ;) If you want to test security apps you have to more often prepare easy to restore copies of system :rolleyes:

8. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

@Rasheed187

Yeah, it does have quirky user-interface.

I wonder what limitations it has on 64-bit systems because of Patch Guard. I think maybe some behaviors cannot be monitored... same as Kaspersky.

9. MGhell

MGhell Registered Member

SpyShelter Premium 10.4 and SpyShelter Firewall 10.4 now allows to build a list of processes which are going to be ignored by AntiNetworkSpy Module.
    This option is available in Settings>Security tab.

-> will this remove the actiontype:33 monitoring?

10. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  11. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

@ichito

Do you know what limitations SS FW has on 64 bit systems ?

Thanks,

HJLBX

12. Rasheed187

I haven't got a clue, but I believe that some techniques can't be used on Win 64 bit, so it's not even a big deal, if it can't monitor certain things.

My problem is not with the look and feel, it looks good. But it's more about the way things work.

13. Rasheed187

Weird, I thought they said it couldn't be done, to offer such a feature. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding, let's say that you exclude Fiddler, will it now be able to monitor the browser correctly? Normally SS will always block Fiddler. Perhaps someone can check this out.

http://www.telerik.com/fiddler

14. boredog

"You was just not yet ready to test SS ;) If you want to test security apps you have to more often prepare easy to restore copies of system :rolleyes:"

And so just because I have used computers since the late 70' and was testing software before most members here were in kindergarten means I don't know what I am talking about? ummmmm

15. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

Damn, tempted to install this again... for the anti network spy exclusion feature. It might be what I need to get Ghostery to work in IE while sandboxed... SS never liked that.

16. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Sorry...it was only a joke...nothing more :) people in our age (50+) sometimes forget obvious things...and I know what I'm talking about :D

17. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

In regards to "Anti Kernel Mode Keylogger", which of the monitored actions are attributed to this filter?

18. boredog

"Sorry...it was only a joke...nothing more :) people in our age (50+) sometimes forget obvious things...and I know what I'm talking about"

LOL you are a spring chicken yet!!!! Try 60's plus and you are right I only have one brain cell left and so I need to use it wisely :)

19. ichito

ichito Registered Member

@boredog
    Yesss...I understand...you are just in worst state than me :argh:

20. idaho

idaho Registered Member

Any promo on SpyShelter Firewall?

21. siketa

siketa Registered Member

There should be one still available on Softpedia...

22. idaho

idaho Registered Member

On SOFTPEDIA is now on sale only Premium, but for nice 50% OFF.

23. MGhell

MGhell Registered Member

SpyShelter 10.5 released
    Posted on November 5, 2015 in News | Blog Homepage

SpyShelter version 10.5 brings reinvented Rules list, decreased number of false positive alerts, support for Windows 10 insider build 10565 and few other usability improvements.

Alternative view for Rules list lists all components that have rules associated to them. When you click on a component, all the rules of the given component will be displayed in a window below. You can switch to Alternative view in Rules tab by pressing the blue arrow icon in the top left corner.

https://www.spyshelter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/spsprem105.png

We have also made some adjustments in order to maximize the compatibility with gaming platforms such as Steam and Origin. Users should no longer experience issues with SpyShelter installed.

You can upgrade to SpyShelter 10.5 by downloading the installer from our website or simply by enabling automatic updates in your SpyShelter settings (SpyShelter will begin to update after system restart).

SpyShelter 10.5 (5/Nov/2015):

– Implemented Alternative View for Rules list
    – Compatibility improvements for gaming platforms client applications
    – Added support for Windows 10 insider build 10565
    – Decreased number of false positive alerts on Windows 10
    – Added program icons on App Exec Control tab
    – Usability improvements

24. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I'm glad they finally added this functionality. You, and I have talked about the need to exclude applications from the Network Filter in the past. I wanted to be able to exclude Anki Flash Card App due to fear that it could cause my data to become corrupted when syncing my decks to, and from the cloud.

25. cnople

cnople Registered Member

I recently got a SpyShelter Premium license as part of a software bundle I purchased, and was wondering if it will add to (rather than conflict with) my setup, below.

Avira Antivirus Pro
    MBAM Premium
    MBAE Free

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.