SpyRemover 2.26

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by maddawgz, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

SpyRemover 2.26 any comments ? thanx :D

2. Isn't that the one that ripped-off Spybot. It uses an amazingly similar interface. I'm not saying they completely and totally, in every possible way, absolutely knowingly, ripped-off Spybot. I'm just saying the program looks very very very very similar to Spybot, and one would tend to think that it very well could be a complete and unabashed ripoff of Spybot.

Now whether or not they actually did ripoff Spybot is not something that is known to be a certainty by me. But looking at the program I would have to conclude that there is a high probability, not a low probability, but a high probability that for someone to come up with a program that is so similar looking to Spybot, without actually ripping-off Spybot, would be about the same chances as a chest of 250,000 solid gold coins, falling from the sky and landing at your feet, within the next 5 minutes, with a sign on them saying this is a gift from the gods for you, not for him, not for her, and not for them. But for you, because you are you, and you are not them. They are themselves, and you are you, and these coins are for you, not them, who are themselves and not you. :p :D :p :D ;)

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

It's a rogue from rizal software. :(
    Click the link in my sig and checkout the clones.
    It also has been posted at Spyware Warrior forum by Eric L. Howes.;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  4. Actually Eldar, I believe he was asking about this one http://www.itcompany.com They carry a different SpyRemover, version 2.26. This one is not a rogue, as far as I know. But a ripoff, maybe.

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

this is definately not a rogue one, it is coded by the person who coded SpyBlocker and SpyStopper, two players on the top of their league.

SpyRemover from IT company may not be as good as giant or adaware but sure isn't a rogue one...

cheers

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

While it has been a while since I have re-tested Spyremover by itcompany....it is neither a Rogue program or a Spybot rip-off.

SpybotS&D Reports July 20, 2003

"The GUI is exactly the same as SpyRemover (by InfoWorks) which is a sanctioned sister application of Spybot S&D and the logo icon is from Spy Sweeper."

{ related Wilders threads:}
    SpyRemover - opinions please

SpyRemover

7. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

:oops: Oops! Sorry. Why do they use the same name? Don't answer that. :D
    I did know about the one from itcompany. Never knew this was the one.
    My apologies. ;)

8. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

No probs Eldar, like you said they have the same name lol, I bet it is costing them money (having the same name as the rogue one)

I allready addressed this to Paul Kurland (coder of SpyBlocker and SpyStopper) but he cannot do anything about that (SpyRemover is managed by ITCompany so...)

the first time I saw it, I was very mad cause I am linked to SpyBlocker and didn't want to know anything about that...:)

cheers

(yes, together we stand strong -> sig)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.