SpyCop - False Positive?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hubbahubba, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubbahubba

hubbahubba Guest

Thought I'd dl and run the trial version of SpyCop. This is what it flagged, which is the CWShredder program I have stored in a created folder and run occasionally:

Think it's a false positive? Would the CWShredder program (version 2.15 InterMute, Inc.) contain a keylogger? And if it did, would it be malicious? Hard to believe a security program like this would be potentially dangerous malware itself, especially since none of my other scanners flagged this item.
  2. muf

muf Registered Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Manchester, England
    I think you may find that is an older version. So it could very well be a false positive. What version is it? I have the full registered version and the latest one no longer has that flashing police light.

The latest version is 6.21
    Spy programs in database is 534+

I downloaded and put the file in exactly the same place as you have yours. Same directory name 'n all. Nothing found.

3. That was a known false positive in Spycop and was fixed months ago. You must have quite an old version there, as Muf said it doesn't even have that flashing light anymore. I don't even think that version will detect kernel level keyloggers. Sounds like it's time for an update.
  4. mikkey

mikkey Guest

I heard they don't provide a trial version any more on their website. Did you get it from Spycop's website? If not then i'd suggest forget about using it a guage on how good it is. It's so out of date that copy it's not worth using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.