SpyCop - False Positive?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hubbahubba, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubbahubba

hubbahubba Guest

Thought I'd dl and run the trial version of SpyCop. This is what it flagged, which is the CWShredder program I have stored in a created folder and run occasionally:

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/7079/spycopscanresults9ps.png

Think it's a false positive? Would the CWShredder program (version 2.15 InterMute, Inc.) contain a keylogger? And if it did, would it be malicious? Hard to believe a security program like this would be potentially dangerous malware itself, especially since none of my other scanners flagged this item.

2. muf

muf Registered Member

I think you may find that is an older version. So it could very well be a false positive. What version is it? I have the full registered version and the latest one no longer has that flashing police light.

The latest version is 6.21
    Spy programs in database is 534+

I downloaded and put the file in exactly the same place as you have yours. Same directory name 'n all. Nothing found.

muf

3. That was a known false positive in Spycop and was fixed months ago. You must have quite an old version there, as Muf said it doesn't even have that flashing light anymore. I don't even think that version will detect kernel level keyloggers. Sounds like it's time for an update.

4. mikkey

mikkey Guest

I heard they don't provide a trial version any more on their website. Did you get it from Spycop's website? If not then i'd suggest forget about using it a guage on how good it is. It's so out of date that copy it's not worth using.

M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.