Spybots S&D: Has anyone else had any difficulty installing the 12-31 update?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by HandsOff, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hello Spybots Afficionados!

In the past it I have just clicked "search for updates" and then "download updates" and it was off to the races. Now what happens is i search for updates, it lists the 12-31 updates but when i try to download nothing happens. Anyway, i reinstalled it and the same thing happened. could be just busy, but i dont think so because of the immediate response to the initial "search for updates" request. Anyway is it a wide spread phenom, or is it just me?

- Hands Off

=======================================

Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Handsoff!

Yes I have been encountering the same issue. The workaround I used was after it shows which updates are available I change the download server from the default one in Germany to one in the US (where I reside) and it works when I hit the download button. Chances are the other non-default choices work well too.

Hope this helps :)

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi HandsOff,

Have you tried to change the update mirror?

Regards,

Pieter

Attached Files:

4. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

No problem this end in the UK. Where possible people from Europe normally do well with the Australia [EON SERVER]]

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Like Dan, i use the USA mirror,

works everytime :)

snowbound

6. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hi, everyone, and thanks for the suggestions.

Actually, i did not understand there was a slick way of choosing the download site. Instead I just google searched for free spybot download and would try from there.

Well anyway, nothing seemed to work, i changed what should have been unrelated options in my settings under automation - a word i love to hate - and then under web update. I checked all of the boxes and ran the program again. It did not do anything automatically, but when i clicked download it downloaded the updates in about 2 seconds flat.

I guess most likely it was just a matter of timing, but at least it works now. i only check ther first catagory in file sets and when up from something like 10850 to 11930 includes.

thanks again!

=================================
    Eschew Obfuscation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.