Spybot!!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Cochise, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Could some kind person tell me why I have suddenly started getting this message when I start Spybot for updates Please.......it's not a problem as such, if I click OK the programme runs as normal??......

Cochise.

Attached Files:

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

The component framedy.dll is missing and u need to reinsatll-- this is the message and if I am in ur place I will reinstall or repair( if there is option to repair). I can,t tell u more as i don,t use it.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

maybe you are using a registry cleaner which doing it's job a little too good?

could be you're using a program like CCleaner and deleted something necessary to use this kind of program ..

like aigle said: don't panic or so .. reinstall / repair the program ... this has happend to me numerous of times .. reinstalling almost never causes issues ..

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Did you search the windows dir for that dll? e.g. in the i386 subdir (if that excists).

Gerard

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since this is a Microsoft file and not a Spybot file....re-installing Spybot will not fix this problem.

While there are numerous threads concerning framedyn.dll found in a Search of the Official Spybot Forums....almost all will reference you to this article at Microsoft. Most all threads I read when this was a problem back in 2005 were fixed by following Micrsofts suggestions completely.

One thread at Spybot Forum---> framedyn.dll not found, loads anyway

HTH,
    Bubba

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks Pals for the replies......I haven't panicked, I haven't bothered to search for the missing dll either........I did reinstall Spybot...(made no difference)...I'm not really bothered either way, it's just that I have never come across this before....so I wondered what might have caused it...

The missing dll. doesn't affect the D/L of updates or search...so maybe it's just a little Gremlin that will go away in time...

I did hear that Spybot has some problems with Vista but I haven't bothered to get involved with M$ new stuff......got enough probs with their old stuff..:D :D :D...

I have just bought and installed a DVD Burner with Nero 6....maybe it's that!

Cheers and Best Regards to All,

Cochise.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Great! Bubba.

8. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just a refresher on the subject...I don't get the error message if I right click My Comp and Properties..neither do I get the error Message if I double click System!!.....

The only time this message pops up is in Spybot......

Just for the sake of argument, I went through the Microsoft Solution anyway and it hasn't made any difference.......?

Any other suggestions would be most welcome...:D :D

Cheers, Cochise, Framedyn'd in Fresno...

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Instead of the Microsoft solution....I would suggest the slightly modified instructions found in the One thread at Spybot Forum link above.

10. Hazeleyze

Hazeleyze Guest

I had the same problem once. Don't know what caused it but this is what fixed it.

Verify System Variables

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu that appears. If you receive the following error message, click OK:

rundll32.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    3. Click Environment Variables.
    4. Under System variables, click Path, and then click Edit.

NOTE: If no Path variable is listed, click New. In the Variable name box, type Path.

5. In the Variable value box, type the following:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\wbem

Note: If the Path already appears correct, simply change or add one letter, finish these instructions, then repeat them to change the letter back. This will overwrite the incorrect REG_SZ type with the proper REG_EXPAND_SZ.

6. Click OK three times (each time that you have the option).

11. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks Hazeleyze but if you read my Post #8....I don't get either of those two errors........

Cheers, Cochise.

12. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks Bubba....done that as well, everything is as it should be but still get the error message??.....:D

Cheers, Cochise.

Don't suppose Restore would help, would it??..

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Heck a format will solve the error also :eek: but as long as you are comfortable going back to what will be restored....that is indeed an option. Hopefully you want see the error again or you'll be back to square one.

14. Hazeleyze

Hazeleyze Guest

Maybe you didn't get the error, but did you check to make sure the path was right?

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I owe all who helped me with this glitch a sincere apology......I took proper notice of what was being said THIS TIME and it worked..........Framedyn on Spybot startup is no more..........Thank you All.....:D

Cochise.

16. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

What exactly worked? Thanks

17. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

What worked was exactly what had been suggested by Bubba and Hazeleyze....the problem I had was to miss out a ";" whilst typing in the NEW Path........A simple senior moment.......:D Sorry.....

Oh! and also getting confused with PATHEXT and PATH!!??.......I must not try to speed read instructions my brain can't cope...:D :D :D

Best Regards and many thanks to All,

Cochise.

18. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Both of which were nothing more than a link or copy\paste of what was found at One thread at Spybot Forum that was mentioned above. The important thing is that your problem is fixed and I'll thank bitman of the Spybot Advisor Team for his suggestion that has probably saved a lot of folks bacon.

19. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

And Thank them from me also Bubba please.....

It wasn't so much a problem, but more of an annoyance having to OK it before Spybot would open.......

Happy to be here amongst folk who know stuff..:D

Cheers, Cochise, Livin' an' larnin' in Laredo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.