Spybot v.1.4 script virus

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by deerfern, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deerfern

deerfern Registered Member

I installed Spybot Search & Destroy v.1.4 and my NOD32 anti virus software says it has an unknown script virus.

When I uninstalled it and reinstalled v.1.3, no such warning appears. Upon reinstallation of 1.4 again, NOD again says, "Probably unknown script virus". I do not install Tea Timer when I install either version.

I downloaded from 3 separate downloads directly from safer-networking website link (in case I had an infected download for some reason) Each time, NOD32 says it has a script virus.

It says it's in a file as below

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search and Destroy\Backups\regLocal.reg

NOD 32 quarantines and deletes the file, so I cannot submit it for analysis.

Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know what to do about it?

Thanks Carol

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

If the file was quarantined there should be a copy in the quarantine folder, it is located on the NOD32 System Tools tab. Highlight the file and click the "submit for analysis" button.

I also have Spybot 1.4 and don't have any files flagged. The folder indicated is for Spybot to store backups should you wish to undo any changes Spybot made so it should also show up somewhere else on your system unless Spybot cleaned the infection as it does handle some of the more well known virii and trojans in addition to spyware.

3. gnervt

gnervt Registered Member

hi! this file was an backup of the SOFTWARE hive from your registry. if you install spybot it asks you if you would do an registry backup. i would not send it to eset because its to big and it contains serial numbers and clsids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.