SpyBot Select ALL ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by controler, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

How would you like to see the Select all tabs?

Now it is in main window but not in recover.
    Now you can right click to select all in recover.
    Would it be better to have the select all in recover and not the main screen, forcing the user to look at what is being fixed?
    After all if you deleted them in the first place, wouldn't you want a select all button in recover to delete them all ?

Comments please?

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

I think you're right. It would be better placed in the recover window. I avoid it like the plague on the main window. I'm still not confident messing around with my Registry. I'd hate to delete something important! You think we should ask the developer? ;)

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Actually, it sounds like a very good idea. Pete

4. PepiMK

PepiMK Registered Member

Yes, good idea! I've added another option to the 'Export settings' called 'Show export buttons'. If this is disabled (new default), the select all button on the results page isn't shown any more.

But - a select all button in recovery could be as dangerous as it would allow to select all items and then just click purge. I've added both a select all and select product button, but should they really be visible by default?

5. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Not visible by default; visible by choice! Thank you for the speedy and friendly response. Impressive! :)

6. controler

controler Guest

Or have a purge after X amount of days. User selects number of days

Or have two backups and the first ones gets purged after X number of days and second one must be reinmported?

Awesome responce Patrick :D :D :D :D

7. PepiMK

PepiMK Registered Member

Recovery items older than 30 days are now displayed grayed. And the context menu has a new item 'Select all items older than 30 days'.

Your wish is my command ;)
    (of course X days would be better than 30, but I did the simple work first :D )

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Nice job, Patrick! :D

regards.

paul

9. controler

controler Guest

Great Job Patrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh you don't have to do it for poor little ol me :)
    I make a small suggestion and you take it to the next level and make it much better. I like the grayed out feature.....
    That gives a view of everything on same page.

I think it is about time to start promoting by telling all your friends about this new exciting program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.