spybot s&d

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by INTOXSICKATED, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i have a computer i use at work that uses trend office scan corporate edition for it's av. however, my work computer is often used by a few other people, and many people do have access to it. i was wondering what i can do to protect it from malware? i noticed that ad-aware and spywareblaster are only free for personal or educational use, but did not see such restrictions for spybot s&d. is this correct? can i load spybot on my work computer? maybe there is something else i can use? i am on a large network, so do i even need anything? any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Eagle1

Eagle1 Security Expert

Hello INTOXSICKATED,

A few things. First you will need administrator access to the work computer. Second, you may want to check with the company to see what their policy is regarding these type applications on their system, and, thirdly Spybot S&D is free for personal use so if its company equipment you have to address the licensing issue as well.

3. INTOXSICKATED

i asked someone in the tech department about this, and they explained to me that antivirus software is all we need. bundled together with windows xp sp2 we will all have a safe and secure computing experience. :rolleyes: he then explained to me that malware isn't a threat, and has no effect on our network. as he walked away he asked me why i even care, it's just a work computer? o_O

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Is that part of your sig....or is that what your tech department guy was doing :D

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

LOL! [heavy on the sarcasm here]No, keyloggers and other forms of spyware wouldn't be of any concern to a business environment.[/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Well, that's an unfortunate attitude they have there. But hey, at least you tried to be helpful.

6. INTOXSICKATED

both.

lol. if you knew where i worked, you'd know that being helpful usually gets you into trouble. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.