Spybot S&D 1.4

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cliff, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

STUPID!...........j/k my fellow creature merc. i've been using spybot and spywareblaster together for a long time now. they compliment each other very well, and best of all, they're free! i'm just not sure they are working together in this newest updated version :doubt:

2. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

Both Spywareblaster and Spybot's immunize add keys to the registry to put domains in the restricted zone, block bad active X etc. Each checks the registry against its own database of registry entries. Their databases do overlap to some extent, they both recognise what the other has already put in and don't duplicate. It is only if you undo immunize in Spybot or disable protection in Spywareblaster that one app may cause entries from the other to be removed. So if you undo in one, check the other.

As to why the reference to Spywareblaster has been removed from the Immunize page of Spybot 1.4, I don't know, but it has no effect, it was really just a reminder, that if you have both, should you undo Spybot's immunize, that it may have removed some of Spywareblaster's entries (and vice versa). Nothing to worry about, really. Just check for updates with both apps if you have them both and as necessary enable all protections in both.

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Curious here guys.

On my pc and laptop, under Immunization, Spybot reports 6541 bad products are now blocked.

On my wife's pc, it reports only 5404 bad products are blocked.

Any thoughts as to why this is?

All machines are running Windows XP Pro w/SP2
    Spywareblaster
    Spywareguard
    Counterspy
    AdAware
    ie-spyad

Thanks,

Jag

4. MyCattMaxx

MyCattMaxx Guest

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

and I have 6551 immunized, who knows. Could have something to do with beta sigs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.