Spybot S&D 1.4

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cliff, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliff

cliff Registered Member

Have installed Spybot version 1.4.03 (geek site), When i updated and immunized ,spybot didnt prompt the spywareblaster program to protect. Is this function not supported anymore like in ver 1.3

2. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

No it still works just do this.

1. Click on immunize

2. Click on the link that loads spywareblaster

3. Let spywareblaster load then exit

4. Then click on the green(+) symbol and it should work.

Regards,

snowboard

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When you selected Immunize....did you notice the top statement or the bottom statement ?

Attached Files:

4. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

Yea, that was what I meant when I said
    So if he doesnt get what I am talking about, he can just look on your post ;)

Regards,

snowboard

5. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i'm lost. the links use to be on the immunize page, but where are they now? o_O

Attached Files:

6. cliff

cliff Registered Member

My display looks exactly like Intoxsickated shows.....

7. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

mine too

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I suspected they were not seeing either link....hence my question. The top selection is what one sees if they have Spywareblaster installed. The bottom is what they see if they do not have Spywareblaster installed. You will never see both of them at the same time.

In any case....I to have a work station that has this not showing....but fluffed it off initially. Hmmm.....maybe we'll all run into each other finding the culprit :eek:

9. cliff

cliff Registered Member

If you disable protection in Spywareblaster, Spybot picks up the change in the
    internet explorer immunize diplay. Does not tell you which application stopped, although you can immunize partly to restore it will not activate all the Spywareblaster protections. o_O

10. Togg

Togg Registered Member

My copy doesn't have any sort of reference to SpywareBlaster on the Immunize page. I just assumed it had been dropped since 1.3, which did advise me I had SB installed (in case I'd forgotten!).

Does everybody else have the '1990 bad products blocked but three more can be added', problem? When I accept the invitation to add the extra three, Spybot confirms the total as 1993 then, when reopened, says the total is 1990 again.

11. cliff

cliff Registered Member

Togg....what version of windows are you using, It sounds like a problem with ME or W98. They had a similar problem a year ago with 1.3, the 1.4 version is having problems also. XP users are ok.

12. Togg

Togg Registered Member

cliff,

I'm using '98, so that may have something to do with it, assuming 2000 and XP users are still getting the SpywareBlaster reference. Doesn't seem to be a particularly serious problem to me, or am I missing something?

13. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I tried 1.4 and it did not have any reference to spywareblaster as 1.3 did. I am useing xpsp2 In the mean time I have gone back to 1.3.

14. Hypermole

Hypermole Registered Member

is what Cliff posted true? It's a bug and being fixed?

Thanks Again

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2005
  15. INTOXSICKATED

i'm using xp sp2, and i'm not ok. this is a newer computer too, pre-installed with xp. o_O

16. cliff

cliff Registered Member

Intoxsickated....When you immunize with the green+ you should see 6541 bad products are now blocked. This is ok with XP SP2 Spybot 1.4 latest detection update 2005-06-02 also with Spywareblaster 3.4

17. INTOXSICKATED

this is what i got, all updates loaded:

Attached Files:

18. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

That is what I got with 1.4 also

19. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Togg,

I'm in the same boat as you, it must be Win98, and re. the 1990-1993

bad products - can you say if you removed the 3 checks in Settings on

CDilla
    New.Net
    Sidestep

I wonder if it's just coincidental that there were 3 and the 1990-1993 diff.
    is also 3 ?

Regards.

20. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm using XP sp1 and installed Spybot 1.4 and same as others here, when I immunise I get 6541 products blocked but NO ref to Spywareblaster whatsoever.
    Gordon

21. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

My screen after reinstalling because of the Zwax prob I wrote about.

Attached Files:

• ssd.gif
      ssd.gif
      File size:
      55.9 KB
      Views:
  22. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I have just installed 1.4 final and am also getting just the 1990 blocked with a further 3 possible that keeps coming back each time I recheck.

This didn't happen with the RC version so it looks like the final has a bug already. Amazing how this happens after ages of testing and then they say it is all perfect and bug free and then these things happen.

I also have no reference to Spywareblaster being installed now so this is also a problem in this version.

Would it be best to ditch this one til they sort it or just hang in for a couple of days and wait for a fix.

23. Togg

Togg Registered Member

micro,

Yes, I did uncheck those three items (following recommendations I found somewhere), and I have been wondering if the 'missing' three immunizations are linked or just coincidental.

I see from other posts that some XP users aren't seeing the SpywareBlaster reference either, so perhaps there is another issue here? Whatever, I'm not unduly concerned unless someone finds that these 'niggles' are actually affecting performance or security.

24. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I've just posted a question over on the Net-Integration-Spybot forum about this issue so maybe one of the team over there will be able to advise what has happened and if a fix is going to be available soon.

In the meantime I'll hang in with the new version as Spywareblaster will still be providing the required protection.

I like things to be in order and this obviously is not quite right now.

25. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

All,
    Call me stupid if you want I knew nothing about linking up Spybot to Spyware Blaster. :oops: Course I have never used Spyware Blaster either. By all accounts it seems to be a fine product. Always learning! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.