Spybot S&D 1.2 pop

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Eddie, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Guest

How in The hell can I opt not to see the S&D Resident pop-up, telling me that SpyBot S&D has just blocked something. I remember when installing SB that one of the choices was something to the effect of, "do you want silent blocking?" Unfortunately, I did not choose that option. Now I get the pop-up everytime SB S&D blocks something. I went into settings and could not find anything similar to the setup choices I was provided during initial setup. Additionally, I tried to uninstall then re-install SB hoping I would find the "Silent Blocking" choice once again during set-up. However, the uninstall must have left some files on the hard drive that made a complete setup uneccessary on re-install.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

This is quite confusing - your thread title says "Spybot S&D 1.2 pop" - but the feature you're referring to ("silent blocking") is in SpywareGuard, not SBS&D.

To get "Silent Blocking" back in SG, all you have to do is bring up SG's main screen, click on "Options", click on "Download Protection", put your cursor in the button in front of "Silently block" and click to make the dot appear there (instead of where it already is) and then click "Save Settings".

SG is at version 2.2.0, BTW - and SBS&D's current non-beta release is (I think) v1.2.

HTH, as I don't have a clue whether I'm addressing the right program problem or not. Pete

3. Unzy

Unzy Registered Member

Hi Eddie,

Via start -> programs select spybot from the list. Make sure you open it in 'advanced mode'

Then , on the left pane click 'immunize'

Somewhere in the middle of the page you see

'Browser helper to blaock bad downloads is installed'

Right underneath it is a box, drop down the box and select :

'block all bad pages silently'

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

4. Unzy

Unzy Registered Member

Hi spy1,

didnt notice your post,

I think he's referring to the silent blocking in Spybot's Immunize option.

Cheers,

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

You're quite right, Unzy - my mistake. I kept thinking the problem was referring to SG because he posted it here (in javacool's software forum) instead of at the SBS&D forum. Thanks! Pete

6. Eddie

Eddie Guest

Re:Spybot S&D 1.2

You're correct the "silent blocking" option is in the drop down menu located on the Immunize page. As for SpyGuard "silent blocking" on the Download Protection Configuration setting--thanks for the bonus info. Apologies for initially posting in the wrong forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.