Spybot RootAlyser

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Kas, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

This episode of trauma was initiated by Spybot taking 3.1/2 minutes to load on my PC. All other programs load in seconds. Spybot said it was most likely a rogue Rootkit causing the problem after my uninstalling and re-installing Spybot with no improvement.

I tried their RootAlyser and it run OK, but my system was fragmented to hell as a result. RootAlyser is still under development, but Spybot advised me to use it. Spybot provide a wonderful customer service beyond criticism.

My output was certified as clean by Spybot, yet I was left with a system that was fragmented beyond all reason.

I had a huge Memory dump which only after using Unlocker Assistent was I able to delete and a defrag job that took me ages to recover using the Piriform Defraggler.
    It was very worrying and I was surprised that after defragging the whole incredible mess that it came back to normal. PHEW ! That was close.

I will never use a Rootkit analyser again if this is the result.

1) Is there a Rootkit Anyliser that simply does it`s job in finding intrusive Rootkits without converting my PC into a pile of rubbish ?

2) I use freebies with outstanding success. The customer support is immaculate and I have had no problems. Why pay when these companies provide an excellent service to customers for free ?

The loading time problem with Spybot on my machine has never been solved to-date. I just grow older and more mature waiting for it to load. It is extremely relaxing.
    KAS

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

o_O I fail to see why rootkit detector would cause file fragmentation in HDD.

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have run RootAlyzer twice with no fragmentations.

For your question #1 there are a lot of free rootkit scanners that you could use.
    Rootkit Revealer and Gmer are fairly well known.

There's a list in the link.

http://www.antirootkit.com/software/index.htm

4. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Kas, I know Spybot, and RootAlyzer. And your problem of defragment.

* Spybot was started very long , also in my computer, it was long ago. I deleted Spybot, and I am alive and happy without him.

* RootAlyzer is very good; but it is simple antirootkit. Download GMER, KX-Ray, Radix Antirootkit from usec.at, SysProt Antirootkit ... Root Repeal ...

* You have defragmented in Normal Mode- and you have your problem.
    Always defragment in Safe Mode, please.
    Now do the defrag in Safe Mode, and your problems will be solved.

I swear!:thumb:

PROROOTECT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.