Spybot False Positive?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rainwalker, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Is this another false positive?
    'Windows Security Internet Explorer'

2. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Check for the information. I think it means you have IE configured in an insecure way.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Without a portion of what the scan report is actually showing would be somewhat tough to advise but would it happen to be something similar to the below scan result ?

If so....take a look at your Internet Explorer settings under....Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Security section. See if any of the 3 below items are checked....in particular Allow active content to run in files on My Computer.
    • Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer
    • Allow active content to run in files on My Computer
    • Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid
    If it's checked....un-check that item and see if it still shows up in a new scan.

Bubba

4. Rainwalker

Greetings Bubba........when i did the scan and saw the results the first time, i had Spybot fix the problem. Later, after rebooting, i ran another spybot scan and it saw the problem again. Again i had Spybot fix the problem. It was at this point that i posted. After reading your post i checked IE and all was unchecked as you suggested. I then ran a third Spybot scan and it found nothing. All rather curious as i know that i have always had said boxes unchecked...........anywho, thanks for responding.

5. The Saintlygent

The Saintlygent Registered Member

Rainwalker,
    On reading your post I felt i needed to mention about a similar problem with shows up after Spybot scan. ' windows antivirus notification disable dword=0'

this keeps coming up almost every time i run the spybot scan...

cheers
    The Saintlygent

6. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

It means you've disabled Windows Security Center notifying you about your anti-virus status.

Either enable the notification, or right click the entry and select "Exclude from future scans".

This is not malware, just a setting you don't have configured to Spybot's liking.

7. Rainwalker

Thanks all ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.