Spybot 162 Slow To Load

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kas, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

I have used the Search on this but found nothing. Actually, I find the Search is not confined to what it is specified to search for.

Windows XP Home, SP3, IE7, OE6. Auto-update on, all security systems updated every day, some on auto.

My computer is clean - nothing detected by several security packs and done every day. I have about 64 GB of free disc space. Casual user.

Spybot 1.6.2.46 freeware takes for ages to load from start-up and by clicking the desktop icon when live. All my other packs come in very quickly, Then I have to sit back and think of nicer things whilst Spybot gets out of bed.

Have any of Wilders Wonders a solution to this ? Surely it is not just ME it happens to ? Or is it ?
    KAS

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Kas, on my Win XP SP2 rig, Spybot takes about 11 seconds, from the time I click the desktop icon until the program UI shows. This version is slower to load than previous versions and it might be because of the larger database size, but I'm not sure. I assume that your load time is longer than mine? :doubt:

3. Kas

Kas Registered Member

Sure is - about 1-2 minutes.

Have I upset Sandra or are the UK restrictions only applied to Spybot - they sure are`nt to the millions of immigrants ?
    KAS

4. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Time to ditch it, like I did ?

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i think there is a current problem with ie8,do you have ie8?

6. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

I don't, and I hopefully never will, but SpyBot S&D is close to worthless when even 90% of all current AV product catch more than SS&D, and it's immunize feature and all other features are more a pest than a security measure.

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i removed some nasty malware with this tool;) and teatimer still good stuff i think:)

8. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Hi,
    I do still use SPYBOT but only for the immunise feature (even though I use Opera browser)--I never scan with it. But I agree it takes an eternity to load, even though they are supposed to have improved this with the last release. I too think it's time is coming to an end on my PC. particularly when Spywareblaster releases it's opera supported version, hopefully soon.
    I disabled the teatimer as it slowed down my computer to a crawl.

Gordon

9. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

e5200, 2GB Ram, 4HDs, Spybot loads in 14 seconds.

Same time running: Avast, OA, Edge, HP Printer Software, Mozy, Logitech and the rest of Vista 32bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.