Spyblocs??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by JerryM, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have a friend who found something on his computer that told him to download and install Spyblocs.
    He deleted it.
    Now today he wanted to DL and install Spybot S&D. He went to the Spybot site, and then to the download site Download.com and started downloading. However, he tells me over the phone that he also is showing that he is downloading Spyblocs.

What is this program, and is something like a trojan causing him to download that instead or in addition to Spybot S&D?

He is on dial up and the DL will take another 15 or so minutes. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jerryt

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Jerry,

Spyblocs is on the Rogue/Suspect Antispyware listing. Check out that page. Probably not a trojan per se, just exceptionally aggressive advertising..., your friend shouldn't download/install Spyblocs, obviously.

Blue

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Blue,
    Many thanks. He did not download the Spyblocs, but it is strange how it came up during the download.

Thanks for the site where I can check that kind of stuff in the future.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.