Spyblaster disableling Java site fuction

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Robert Emslie, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Emslie

Robert Emslie Registered Member

I have found SpyBlaster 3.1 has disabled Java script fuction on a number of web sites. We are unable to log into one, unable to browse with menus on an other and unable to move to the next page on our own site. www.emslie.com
    Disabling Spyblaster 3.1 does not correct this. : :( Any ideas.

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

hey :D i dont think spyware blaster causes this problem, if disabling it didnt do anything, its not a spyware blaster problem

goto INTERNET OPTIONS & reset your security & privacy settings

then reenable spyware blaster once its all cleared up, since i dont think thats what caused it :p

regards

3. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Indeed - I have SB 3.1 with all protection enabled. No problems with this site.

Jem

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Robert,

Concerning the emslie.com site....SpywareBlaster(SB) does not list that site in any of it's databases....ActiveX components, Restricted sites or Per site cookie blocking.

As for your other problems....disabled Java script fuction on a number of web sites\unable to log into one\unable to browse with menus on an other....if a site is listed in SB's database, it will indeed have an effect on viewing those sites. However....if you have disabled SB and still are having issues....I would suggest you check some of your other Security\Privacy software. Also....what are some of the other sites your having problems with ?

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Re: Spyblaster disabling Java site fuction

I have just tried the emslie site and it works perfectly for me. The reason I tried it is that I am also having issues with a site and being able to go into any of the sections. I thought I had found the answer when I found this post but disabling SB did not work so it must be some other software that is doing it o_O

I have just gone back to my problem website and entered it into my trusted sites and I am now whizzing through the sections; perhaps this will help you. I am not sure what was preventing me as it is a very safe site but at least I have it back again :)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Robyn,

Would you mind mentioning this problem site ? Thru that example....it may be beneficial to Robert while discovering your problem.

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

No problem I am just there now in the 'mini' section I have 2 links www.johnnieboden.com &
    www.boden.co.uk/preview

Strange thing is that I can access their original site but when they sent me the autumn preview e-mail this is when my problems started. I was able to get the the main page but could not move into mini Boden or any other sections; their support could not find the reason at all. It was the same when I tried from my laptop.

I have just received this reply from the tech.

8. emslie

emslie Registered Member

I got this wrong "Sorry" Spyblaster is not causing this problem. It is an exellent peice of software and thanks to all who contributed.

My problem remain even with all IE sicurity to lowest levels. I think the problem is associated with a pop up blocker from Bulletproofsoft.com I suspect their "Pop Watch" is stopping Java script receiving an instruction all site I have this problem with display javascript***. Unfortunately I have been unable to turn this off and unistalling does not work ether. :doubt:

Thanks for all contributions.

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since Robert appears to be fixed with his problem....hopefully he want mind if we continue with your problem here Robyn.

I was able to check out most all the boys\girls area of Mini Bowden without a problem....regardless that my Internet Zone settings were at High and I block all cookies. Have you cleared your TIF(Temporary Internet files) lately ?

via IE's Tools\Internet Options\Temporary Internet files....delete files

10. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Sorry for delay but I must have had my computer shut down for the night when this was posted.

Regarding my Temporary Internet files - I clean them out a 'lot' not even just once a day! I also cleaned my history folder - flushed the DNS plus use a cleaner for my index.dat and all such things. I tried on my laptop again last night and the same thing; it was only when I added mini boden to my trusted sites I was able to zip through every page o_O
    My 'bookmarked' Boden site has no problems it is only with this preview site my browser did not seem to like it. I know it is not SpywareGuard or Blaster or even my temp files as I really am hyper about keeping them clean. I also have my browser set to prompt for cookies so I know exactly which ones I have at any time. The only other suspect could be IESpyado_O I don't know why it would be blocking the browsing of the site but do find it strange that is is not only on my PC but on my laptop also. Both need me to add to my trusted zones o_O

I am going out for a while but may try removing the trusted site to see if anything has changed. I will also be interested to know when the 'official' Boden site is launched if I will be able to browse as before. Maybe the conflict has arose due to the fact I have can use the actual site and something thinks this is a conflict - may be totally wrong but will test further as their new site should be running soon.

Thanks for coming back to my problem Bubba :) I wonder if it is to stop me doing any shopping ;)

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I too am using IESpyad....so you can scratch that off your list of possible culprits.

Yeah right....ain't nutin ever stopped females from shopping :rolleyes:

12. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Typical male and shopping :rolleyes: I was updating IESpyad so while I had the uninstall I tried, I was able to get past the front page but after that :( had to add it to my trusted zone again. I really think I have a puzzle but will keep tyring various things and post back if I ever find the answer. Going to check my cookies again - good thing is I can shop in trusted zones ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.