Spy Sweeper Replacement

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ignote, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ignote

ignote Registered Member

My subscription to Spy Sweeper just expired. Is there another program that is better than Spy Sweeper free or pay?

My current security software configuration is:

NOD32
    BoClean - latest version
    Comodo Firewall.

All suggestions are welcome. :)

Thanks

2. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Counterspy. Try before buy, you will like it.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

SUPERAntiSpyware

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

SAS or CS.

5. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

6. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Consider renewing your subscription. The only program I found that works better than SpySweeper is Spyware Doctor & that is only by a small degree. SAS is not better. Nor is A2. Nor is AVG. All those are available in free versions. On the 2 occasions I tried Counterspy It would not even run & I don't think its better. It is a little less expensive. The great drawback of SpySweeper is that it is a resource hog. If you are looking for something lighter then try the free programs & shut them off between uses. I think you still can get Advanced Process Termination from the archived Diamond CS forum here. If you are just reducing your maintenance then try NOD32. That pretty much kills all spyware anyway. Just use A2 or Avg free now & then. You might like SAS free too but I never really saw it catch anything. On the other hand I don't really have any spyware right now. If I did it might work better than I think it does.

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I would trial something different and compare that with your experience of using SpySweeper.
    Which program would be a suitable replacement is dependant on who you ask.
    Anotherwords,you will get a lot of different opinions.
    Try for yourself,as a program may run well on one system and not another.

8. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Heres my opinion, SuperAntiSpyware only cause it has never failed cleaning out my intentionally infected system, but I can't say the same for the other competitive programs as I have tried a dozen or so that did ok but yes failed in cleaning out my intentionally infected system. :D

9. shane1975

shane1975 Registered Member

I was a SpySweeper user until I started getting the BSOD and massive slowdown issues. It was conflicting with ZoneAlarm. So I switched to CounterSpy and I have never been happier. No slowdown issues or BSOD.

10. irrationalgeek

irrationalgeek Registered Member

I use both SuperAntiSpyware Pro on my PC and CounterSpy on my other PC. Both are amazing product and aren't as resource hungry as Spy Sweeper. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.