Spy Sweeper 5.2 vs AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DVD+R, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I run both these excellent programs together, there is no conflict between them that I have witnesed so far. I have them set to run at midday on seperate days, Monday & Friday. I just noticed something though, and that is the spyware signatures, there is a cvast difference between the 2: AVG Updated about an hour ago, and informed me I was now protected against 477,294 in the database, while Spy Sweeper reports I am protected against 154,780. I ran each to perform a Full System Scan inc.. Rootkits/System Restore Folder,and Archives. AVG Completed its lengthy scan in 1hr 9mins Scanning 277,644 files, while Spy Sweeper completed in just under 39mins and scanned a total of 166,377 files. AVG can auto remove tracking cookies, while Spy Sweeper picks up at least 4 with traces. AVG Can auto treat/quarentine/delete or recommended actions for malware, and picked up 47 in total so far. Iv'e not seen that function in SpySweeper :ninja: I cant decide which is best, but looking at these stats, AVG stands out a little more aggresive. :thumb:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

anti-malware products can define their sigantures in different ways. Example: one program can have one signature for one malware and another product may have one siganture for a particular malware and its variants.

Theres a similar situation with the files/folders scanned. They can be counted in different ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.