Spoolsv.exe Using up 50% of the CPU ?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Piston Broke, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Registered Member

Hi all

a colleague of mine is using a win2000 Pro Pc which was having difficulty opening a particular Excel file but when i looked into her settings i noticed that spoolsv.exe is running at around 45-70% of the CPU all of the time even after re-boots is this normal ?
    I googled it & it mentioned a possible trojan infection called Backdoor.Ciadoor.B Trojan have any of you guys got any ideas as to what it is & how can i check if it's infected ?

i have run Ewido on it & it didn't find anything unusual

I can take screen shots if required

2. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Registered Member

Right i've looked into this a little Further now & it seems the spoolsv.exe is only active at 50%+ when an excel file is accessed on the network storage Drive
    Then it Runs Between 40% & 60% all the time till you close the file down o_O

Also i have removed all off the printer drivers off her machine & accessed the file & everything Runs fine o_O
    but when re-installed again the Spoolsv.exe starts runnin at a constant 40-60% again

Does anyone know why this is happening ?

Win2000 Pro Sp4
    Celeron 1.8
    256Mb Ram
    Microsoft office 2000
    HP Printers 4000N & 5100TN Also a Local Oki 320

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.