Split partion

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Zarcon, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Zarcon

Zarcon Registered Member

Hello I have a 2 tb drive as the boot drive that I am trying to split to make the system drive smaller and hopefully speed up my system. I used the partition split option in hard drive manager 12 pro and it seemed to go ok for a while but it has been at the preparing message for over 24 hours now. I do see the spinning circle, And the screen switches between several message one says "this May take sometime" and another says it "will start soon or shortly" (or something like that). I can also see the HD activity light flicker and flash once in a while, but I would think that after 24 hours with no change the program must be stuck. The last thing the progress says is creating file tree. I should mention this 2 tb drive is just over half full and I am trying to split the system partition down to 1/4 the size (500 mb), and about half the data on the drive is being moved to the new partition being created. I expected it would take a while but over 24hours now and the progress still says 0%, I expected it to it least say it has started and to have at least 1%, by now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreaceated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.