Splash screen is excellent

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ankupan, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

Today I installed ESS on my desktop and I like SPLASH screen image very much.

Great work & efforts of Eset' team and ESS is working excellent too.

2. Norton360

Norton360 Registered Member

Wow! I personally hate the splash screen with that robot...

I liked more the eye of the version 2.x :D

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

4. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Nice artwork but personally its the first thing i turn off.:D

5. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

I personally up to taste of the robot find them to myself what should link it you very crest-fallen and display they have some sadness to do a more active and more cheerful robot .... but it was liking more the icon of the taskbar of the version 2.xx

6. Scotto

Scotto Registered Member

I like the new icon - cross between a leaf and an eye ? Is it ?!

7. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

you guys are kidding me right?

8. cdr

cdr Registered Member

:D I like the robot, too! Very "futuristic!" Now, the icon in the system tray is another matter.:thumbd: Reminds me of a cross between a lemon and a removed eyeball!:p I much preferred the icon in the previous version. But, the program is good!

9. ipje

ipje Registered Member

Not many people who use ESS and Good in the same line, I was already getting angry of all the topics from members blaming ESET for all the trouble they have with the computer. I have no trouble at all with ESS, so let's say it again "The program is good" don't blame ESET for all the trouble, just take a good look and maybe you find the real problem.
    The program is good. :thumb:

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

good post. I have said it before and will say it again. I am my own computers biggest threat. Not my software or malware.:doubt:

11. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I could not agree more. And, without too much psychologizing, my view is that many of the comments made on these threads are made by shills for Eset competitors in a half-assed attempt to somehow discredit the effiicacy of the program and/or Eset.

99% of all computer problems are caused by the user. Time to look in the mirror and fess-up.

12. poutine

poutine Registered Member

LMAO.. so all the bugs eset are working their asses off trying to fix dont exist then. ? ? ? ? :D

13. Bunkhouse Buck

If there are any bugs, I am certain they will be fixed in due time. All software has bugs-all of it. What many attribute to bugs, is actually user incompetence.:D

14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Eset is definetly working the bugs out of this version but only those bugs that can be directly contributed to the software code itself. What bugs they will not be working on, in my personal opinion, are the ones not attributed to this version but the other software many users are attempting to use along with this version. Many of the issues showing up in threads here possibly and\or more than likely, can be attributed to way too many chiefs, fingers in the pie, hooks in the water....etc. Too many times user complaints are self induced and instead of old school process of elimination\troubleshooting to find the root cause or conflict, they dish out way too much lip service. Most programmers, Eset in this case, are damed if they do and damed if they don't. They should not be held accountable for the layers of protection some users insist in placing on their box. Protection and\or awareness of todays internet troubles are 10 fold ? what they were back in the day but simple computing security\privacy basics would still go a long way even today in protection if the user would simply take more control of their system instead of relying on others to lead.

Bubba

15. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Indeed. Or at least acknowledge the possibility of conflicts.
    There are too many programs to guarantee compatibility with everything, only that they will address the problems.

16. Bunkhouse Buck

Many believe in the "layered" approach to security (I don't) and have many malware programs installed that interfere with Eset. Many people do not know how to properly rid themselves of registry entries and files left behind on their machines by prior installations.

I recommend Registry Cleaner 4.3 by Jouni Vuorio that will list programs on your pc, and you can delete unwanted (all of them in my view) malware programs of various kinds. Then use CCleaner to check once more. I have never, ever had a conflict and I have tested all versions of virtually all malware software.

If you don't want the problems, you need to clean the crap out of your computer. ESS will work fine if you just take the time and effort to do your homework.

17. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I'm a pretty knowlegeable guy & I have NO additional stuff loading up. I however take offense to this type of dressing down & coming from a moderator I find this quite surprising. I have some issues & they need to be addressed. I think perhaps you should call ESET out on the carpet and ask why no communication?, I mean everyone is screaming but ESET says nothing leaving it to guess work. I take offense since ESET took my cash & I don't like the tone of this message, I guess everyone is intitled to an opinion however I'll leave it at that...

18. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It was not an attempt to be a "dressing down" larry, simply facts and if part of the shoe fits wear it :blink:

However, before responding, did you even consider you probably are part of a group of users that awaits the Eset fixes to the "bugs that can be directly contributed to the software code itself" :doubt:

Communication in our forums by Eset is indeed lacking IMHO and not just with this version. However, I can only hope they will address some of the valid issues concerning communication sooner than later.

Bubba

19. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

well said, thanks but both sides are at fault here. True people load too much 'stuff' at startup. I personally don't like anything other than necessary. I try to run clean. But ESET needs to come forth than perhaps to be honest people would sit back & wait for an updated program. In my case I think the code isn't fully functional with vista & no I didn't want vista when I bought a new laptop just what came with it & I do belive you have to go forward in areas such as OS as well as other software. I would just like to get a word from ESET I don't think that's much to ask...my problem btw is the firewall failing but is not consistant, I don't trust the program to be honest but they did take my money ib good faith. I'm just looking for some good faith from ESET...a nice statement would work...

20. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Good for you......I fully agree and as long Eset is advising going back to prior versions, they are admitting there's enough to be fixed.

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

kind of swayed this one of topic havent we, compared to what ankupan started it for.

22. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Should we be fully discussing a Splashscreen here, knowing there are more important topics?

23. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Actually yes, and make new topics for those issues. Look I am not going to argue with anyone. I currently have 3-2 user licences to this product. 6 machines. So yes, I want it right and have every feeling it is about to get a lot more right.

24. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Not sure what you are referring to as far as "of topic" but it appears to me that ankupan not only is giving his opinion about the splash screen but also about the suite as a whole. With that said, other members are giving opinions also about the quality and what not.

Other than that, the only "of topic" I see is my post here commenting on another members "of topic" post :blink:

Has someone taken over your fingers and caused you to select the Reply to this thread button :doubt:

Jeesh, as long as threads adhere to our TOS they are very much permitted and any member is Welcome to join in that discussion. Those members that do not wish to join the discussion are free to participate in "more important topics" ;)

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

No, you are right. My mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.