Speedy and convenient defragging

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by John Bull, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I have for a long time used Piriform Defraggler and Auslogics Disc Defrag. I use Auslogics more often and once every day. They are superb and very quick in defragging a large assortment of fragmented files that occur with astonishing speed.

Is there any better and more efficient defrag quickie ? I can`t find one myself, but Wilders time and again proves me wrong.

John B

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Try Raxco PerfectDisk Pro 11 Build 174. It is fast and better than Auslogics Disk Defrag (3.1.7.140) and Defraggler (1.20.201 Slim). I have used both software. They are quite good especially Auslogics Disk Defrag with option “Move system files to the beginning of the disk”. Later, I switched to Raxco PerfectDisk Pro 11 and was astonished to see improvements in system overall performance. Moreover, it is fast and stable on my system (Windows 7 Ultimate x64). I now run it manually every three days.

(Post is just for information and not to prove wrong anyone).

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Ive been a fan of Puran. The latest free versions offers all of the perks of the paid version. Only hiccup is for *Home use only* which isnt even a hiccup.;)

4. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

You could try MyDefrag (it's free). The first time you run it, you should use the Monthly script (SystemDiskMonthly or AutomaticMonthly), which is slow but thorough. After that you can use the Daily script, which is fast. The idea is to run the daily scipt daily, weekly script once a week and monthly script once a month.

I usually leave the AutomaticMonthly script to run over night via ScanDefrag (free) because it can also run PageDefrag (to defrag some of the locked system files), ChkDsk, trash clean and then shutdown computer when the defrag is done.

I don't know if PuranDefrag is fast, but it's a popular free defragger with a boot defrag feature. In any case, whichever defragger you choose, only use one at a time because they use different algorithms to sort the files, so if you mix them they end up having to re-sort already defragged files which is slow and pointless.

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Been a fan of O&O :rolleyes:

You should try it ;)
    BTW there's no free version but who cares try it :D :D

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Got a feel'in this ain't one of those "time'n agains" you were talk'in about JB. :D;)

7. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Probably GF. I come from Lancashire in the North of England, where everybody says things twice. Don`t know why, they always have done, but it sure makes a long conversation in the bars.

John B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.