SpeedTest.net connection infected according to Chrome

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Osaban, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I was testing my connection speed with SpeedTest.net, and as soon as I selected the nearest server (Seoul in my case) I was alerted by Chrome that the connection is infected:

http://www.speedtest.net/ (going to this site is fine, connecting to the server in Seoul might be dangerous). I don't want to investigate any further.

Attached Files:

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

See pic Google information

a) did try to download on 31-7-2009 once (possibly due to a google web crawler agent visit)
    b) did not act as passing station
    c) did not host malware

It is normal for a site testing your download speed to download something?

Possibly because South Korea is so close to North Korea, plus some links to a Russian site, therefore it got some extra minus points in the analysis and the download speed check made it flagged.

Attached Files:

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have been testing my connection speed at least once a month (with the same server) over the last year and Chrome has never complained. I was wondering whether other people registered something similar. I live in Seoul, and most people here believe North Korea has no official internet network (in terms of public access anyway).

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Report it to web admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.