SpeedFan (And My System Stability)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rasheed187, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I wouldn't trust any temperature readings coming from the mobo or the gfx card.
    They are usually off by some degrees and sometimes they are just way off.
    If you want to be sure that it displays the correct temperature you need to check it manually with a thermometer.
    You can buy one for 10 bucks or so.

Attached Files:

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

3. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

no its an independent means to monitor a temperature
    and doesnt stand a snowballs chance in hell of giving you even the slightest idea of the internal temperature of the GPU, at best if properly mounted and calibrated it could tell you a reasonable approximation of the GPUs surface temperature provided you dismount the heatsink and place the probe in contact with the side of the chip.

if your really interested in this sort of stuff procooling is the place to gear up your knowledge
    http://www.procooling.com/

this time last year before it all went to hell in a hand basket that was exactly what I was trying to put together

a good thermistor based investment for the average user to map the thermal gradient of cases and surface temperatures of various heatsinks would be the digdoc5 8 x thermistors + fan control in a bay insert that can accommodate a HDD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.