Specyfic Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by prozabor, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prozabor

prozabor Registered Member

I am looking for specyfic firewall (packet filter). W want create my rules (to block some ports). Which is simply and best for me?

2. prozabor

I will stay with system firewall but i have a lot of open port> How to close them?

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Most firewalls will give you this option, although some do just give an option to "act as server" or not (for inbound), and you may need to look for advanced rules (to block specific ports). Most firewalls, by default, will block all inbound, and will give a popup for any inbound to a port that as an application listening on that port.
    If you know the basics of firewall rules creation, then there are a number of options (have a search of the forum, there are some learning threads that will give you an idea of what is involved with various firewalls).

It as been a while since I looked at the windows firewall, but I think (if I remember correctly) there is an option to "On with no exceptions" that should do this.

4. prozabor

Look at attachment. There is list of open ports.

- ports 12xxx - these are Avast! ports
    - ports 137,138,139 - these are Netbios ports
    - ports 1433 and 1434 - these are SQLServer ports

But I want to close others. I dont kwow how to do it. I stopped some Windows services but few ports are still open.

Attached Files:

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Don't worry about what you see there.. Just do an outside scan at Grc.com or similar and see if you're all Stealth and/or Closed. If so, then you can stop worrying, you're good to go..

6. prozabor

Yes, but with my dynamic IP always it scan my "outside IP" and I cant check myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.