Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Seawulf, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seawulf

Seawulf Registered Member

I am new to TI and using my new Vista machine.

I am trying to set a task to back up < File Archive> my FireFox and Thunderbird Profile files to an external USB drive. The folders to be backed up are in c:\Users\<me>\Application Data\ <Mozilla & Thunderbird>

I note that because I just went through a frustrating episode trying to set the Vista Permissions so I could even read the Application Data Folder contents. That is solved. My Administrator token is now the Owner of c:\ and all subfolders. Also, SYSTEM has Full Control Permissions for the Application Data folder.

So, I set up the tasks, and run them manually for test. I get the following message:

E00040011: Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\Users\Charlie\Application Data\Mozilla'.
    Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    Tag = 0x497A70FDD71A3F48

I get the prompt to Retry / Ignore or Cancel. I finally selected Ignore and I get the msg: The operation was successfully completed. The archive files (TBird.tib and FireFox.tib) do exist with current time stamp and when I do a VALIDATE on the file archives I get: The operation was successfully completed, response.

Based on the VALIDATE results, but without actually doing a RECOVER with these files, I assume the archive was completed properly. If that is so, why do I get the error messages? Is the file that "doesn't exist" to TI the Mozilla folder or the archive, FireFox.tib?

Thanks for your help,
    Charlie

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Seawulf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that validation tool only checks the consistency of the archive. The error message indicates that some data to back up weren't found in the expected place, and couldn't be backed up.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please make sure the apllication you are trying to back up is installed properly.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Seawulf

Seawulf Registered Member

OK. I submitted the request for technical assistance along with requested files.

I have since done a RESTORE to a different location and, indeed, the path is there, but not the desired files. So no back up archive is being created, as indicated by the error msg.

I tried a test back up of a different folder and that worked fine. I am now wondering whether this is still an issue with Vista permissions for the Application Data folder. As I originally indicated this was an issue until I finally took ownership of my entire C:\ drive. But with the above results, I am still wondering if this is still an issue...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.